Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2013, 08:34 AM   #1291
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Thank you very much for trying to be the messenger! I'm not expecting quick changes either. As you said, there's probably some investment involved and some return expected. Personally, I am not involved in any economically relevant way, so I can easily lean back and watch and play the wise man.

Thanks knc1 for the hint about KUAL - I forgot that some efforts do require a bit of donation, whether financial or devices to work on.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:21 AM   #1292
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongoat View Post
I do hope Duokan could implement some charities too. But I think they have their own ambitious to construct a close eco-system similar to amazon.
So sad.
It is.

Selling a system is a one time gain.
Selling support and service is a many time gain for each device.
Allowing the users to modify your system and adopting the best of the addtions does two things:
It ensures your product has the features your customers want.
It gives your company more things to service and support.
Even if you have to publish all of your (expensive) inital work.

The company that follows this plan and has a good hardware design could buy Amazon in 5 years.

There are a lot of very smart people in your country
The ones who follow this model will end up with all the business and the leaches will go broke.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2013, 06:20 AM   #1293
lockheed
lockheed began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
I have been using Duokan since nearly 2 years, but I find that recently it's getting worse and worse in terms of usability.

In the latest few versions it was impossible to turn off WiFi once it was enabled. The option to turn it off was either removed, or hidden so thoroughly that I was unable to find it even after half an hour.
So only a reboot helped.

And now the battery is terrible. Even with WiFi off, my Kindle 3G goes from 100% to 0% battery during four days of not even touching it...
lockheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:32 AM   #1294
severus
severus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Sorry to intrude on your discussion: I'm looking to find duokan 2012 (but not duokan lite). Anyone could point me in the direction of a download link? Thanks!
severus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:40 AM   #1295
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by severus View Post
Sorry to intrude on your discussion: I'm looking to find duokan 2012 (but not duokan lite). Anyone could point me in the direction of a download link? Thanks!
You can find it here. Actually Duokan Lite, Duokan 2012, Duoan 2013 are different versions of the same OS.

Do you mean the Duokan ?
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2013, 09:00 AM   #1296
moongoat
moongoat is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.moongoat is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.moongoat is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.moongoat is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.moongoat is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.moongoat is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.moongoat is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.moongoat is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.moongoat is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.moongoat is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.moongoat is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockheed View Post
I have been using Duokan since nearly 2 years, but I find that recently it's getting worse and worse in terms of usability.

In the latest few versions it was impossible to turn off WiFi once it was enabled. The option to turn it off was either removed, or hidden so thoroughly that I was unable to find it even after half an hour.
So only a reboot helped.

And now the battery is terrible. Even with WiFi off, my Kindle 3G goes from 100% to 0% battery during four days of not even touching it...
All the functional buttons are hiding in the top edge of the screen similar to the notification bar in iPad so you can just swept down you finger from top to the bottom of the screen to trigger it out.
moongoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:14 AM   #1297
severus

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
Actually Duokan Lite, Duokan 2012, Duoan 2013 are different versions of the same OS.

Do you mean the Duokan ?
Many thanks thomass! Obviously, I haven't gone very in my research about duokan: I have no idea what is the difference between Duokan (Lite, Duokan 2012, Duoan 2013) and the duokan at Flip's website. I'd be grateful if you could shed some light.

(I read somewhere here (believe it was in your post) that duokan 2012 works well with kindle keyboard and I'd like to try, which is the reason for my question).
Old 11-08-2013, 11:30 AM   #1298
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Many thanks thomass! Obviously, I haven't gone very in my research about duokan: I have no idea what is the difference between Duokan (Lite, Duokan 2012, Duoan 2013) and the duokan at Flip's website. I'd be grateful if you could shed some light.

(I read somewhere here (believe it was in your post) that duokan 2012 works well with kindle keyboard and I'd like to try, which is the reason for my question).
Up to date one is Duokan 2013. This one is updated every week.

Duokan is the oldest here but it is different from the others and can be used on DX, DXG.

There is not much use of other two( lite, 2012) since they are just the previous versions of Duokan 2013

If you have 6" Kindle Keyboard(K3), Kindle Touch (KT,K5), Kindle (K4) or Paperwhite then I think best is the most up to date one(DUokan 2013). see the first link on the first post.

if you have DX or DXG you have only one choice : Duokan

Duokan is the really old one. has a completely different menu, etc. Unfortunately DuoKan Team doesn't release updates for it anymore.

I don't recommend using lite or 2012 versions if you don't have to somehow. (RTL support may be a reason for the lite version)

Last edited by thomass; 11-08-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #1299
severus

Thanks for answering! For the sake of clarity I have two more questions, if you please. One, that means Douokan from Flip's website will not work with Kindle Keyboard(K3)? And two, I read that duokan 2013 tends to drain the battery rather fast compared to the original soft. You'd go with duokan 2013 if you were in my place, I gather?
Old 11-08-2013, 12:20 PM   #1300
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Thanks for answering! For the sake of clarity I have two more questions, if you please. One, that means Douokan from Flip's website will not work with Kindle Keyboard(K3)? And two, I read that duokan 2013 tends to drain the battery rather fast compared to the original soft. You'd go with duokan 2013 if you were in my place, I gather?
Duokan also works on Keyboard but I don't recommend it.

I'd use the original soft with kindlepdfviewer for PDF,djvu, and epub files.

Actually I already use KOReader (a version of kindledfviewer) on my Touch and don't have any version of Duokan on it.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:27 PM   #1301
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
duokan 2013 tends to drain the battery rather fast
and this maybe another reason to use a previous version of Duokan 2013 (or lite, 2012) rather then the up-to-date one.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:44 PM   #1302
severus

Kindlepdfviewer or KOReader rather than duokan? Never thought of it. Very well. I'll try it. After all, you're the guru. And I promise to report back how it worked. Thanks, thomass!
Old 11-08-2013, 12:55 PM   #1303
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Kindlepdfviewer or KOReader rather than duokan? Never thought of it. Very well. I'll try it. After all, you're the guru. And I promise to report back how it worked. Thanks, thomass!
Support for both is in English, not Chinese.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:23 AM   #1304
moongoat
moongoat is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.moongoat is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.moongoat is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.moongoat is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.moongoat is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.moongoat is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.moongoat is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.moongoat is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.moongoat is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.moongoat is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.moongoat is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Duokan's new version is about to release on this Friday, which includes the function of words book similar to the one existing in the latest KPW2 now. In addition, it said that it has modified the announcement of copy right in response to the opinions of you guys here. Though it might not be a radical change (as to open the original code), still I think it is a positive step forward to confront the real challenges which we both encounter.

Last edited by moongoat; 11-13-2013 at 09:23 AM.
moongoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:35 PM   #1305
andy1m
Enthusiast
andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: K4NT, PaperWhite
Havent updated Doukan in my K4NT for awhile. Have to try KOReader & Librerator.

Last edited by andy1m; 11-14-2013 at 11:22 PM.
andy1m is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf