Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-26-2009, 01:46 PM   #1
mshubin
mshubin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Sync issues with K2

We just bought a Kindle 2. For some reason the Kindle will not sync with Amazon. It shows registered on both Amazon and on the Kindle. I can shop and purchase from the Kindle (so Whispernet is working), but when I hit the button to sync it shows it is working, but never syncs.

I've been hunting around the Internet but cannot find a solution.
mshubin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:40 PM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
First, check the Manage Your Kindle page on the Amazon website - at the bottom of the page is a link "Manage Synchronization Between Devices" - click on it and make sure it is enabled.
Then, on your Kindle menu make sure Annotations Backup is Enabled - this keeps your last page read.

You may need to turn your Kindle totally off and have it reboot to pick up new settings from the Amazon website if this was the problem.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2009, 04:27 PM   #3
mshubin

Hmmm... I can't find the "Manage Synchronization Between Devices" on the Amazon page. I even did a "find on page" search. :-(

Also I couldn't find anything about the annotations on the Kindle. But I'm not having a last read page problem. It finds the last page in the Kindle manual just fine.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:28 PM   #4
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Try resetting the Kindle...
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:19 PM   #5
mshubin

Like with 80% of all computer problems...rebooting seems to do the job. Thanks!
Advert

Tags
amazon, kindle 2, sync