Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-06-2009, 05:02 PM   #1636
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
I'm just pleased it was jam tomorrow, and not tea - that would have been unbearable for all
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:26 PM   #1637
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
There was an easy question on Who Wants to be a Millionaire the other night. Here is a screenshot in case you missed it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Millionaire.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	20859  
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:25 PM   #1638
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
There was an easy question on Who Wants to be a Millionaire the other night. Here is a screenshot in case you missed it.
Oh I believe I know the answer to that one.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:42 PM   #1639
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Oh I believe I know the answer to that one.
It's "C" (all the others are trick answers, containing a specific type of bomb behind them).

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:17 PM   #1640
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can I phone a friend, please? (I know the answer, I just fancy a chat...)
Old 01-08-2009, 09:00 PM   #1641
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I want to buy a vowel... oh, wait, wrong decade.

(I don't really watch TV. The most experience I've had with "Who wants to be a millionaire" was in the Dr. Who episode at the end of the first new season, which I watched on DVD.)
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 07:39 AM   #1642
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Our Queen in chocolate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ChocolateZelda.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	20910  
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 07:56 AM   #1643
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
I want to buy a vowel... oh, wait, wrong decade.

(I don't really watch TV. The most experience I've had with "Who wants to be a millionaire" was in the Dr. Who episode at the end of the first new season, which I watched on DVD.)
I don't think I've ever watched it. I have watched (and heard) quite a few parodies of it though...
Old 01-09-2009, 09:54 AM   #1644
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Our Queen in chocolate.
YUMMY!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:56 AM   #1645
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Our Queen in chocolate.

drools....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:53 PM   #1646
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Men are such strange people...

I prefer chocolate when it is unattached to other human beings, animals etc.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 04:43 PM   #1647
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post

It makes it far easier to eat when it's unattached to anything.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:46 PM   #1648
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post

I don't think it's a man thing, cos I agree with your second para.
I reckon she'd look better without the chocolate, and the chocolate would taste better without her underneath it.
Together they are much less than the sum of their parts imho.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 04:49 PM   #1649
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Quote:
Our Queen in chocolate.
Be very careful VR, that could kill you.

http://www.finedarkchocolate.com/Cho..._Chocolate.asp
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:28 PM   #1650
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Reminds me of a roleplaying game (Dungeons & Dragons, I believe) that some friends of mine told me about. The players were going to confront a dragon to try to get some item the dragon had. They visited some kind of soothsayer to find out what the dragon's weaknesses were, and one was chocolate. One priestly type then had plates of chocolate fastened all about himself. When the dragon saw them, it exclaimed "Chocolate-coated clerics! I never thought of that!" Bargaining ensued, and at first the only deals the dragon would consider included being allowed to eat the chocolate-covered cleric. (I believe, in fact, that the dragon was willing to swap whatever it was that the players wanted for that payment alone... and I think the rest of the gang was tempted.) Finally they managed to talk the dragon down to a stack of gold and a larger stack of chocolate (not attached to the cleric), though when the deal was struck and the item handed over, the dragon wistfully asked, "Can't I at least lick the cleric?"

Hey, maybe it's a D&D thing and you have to be a geek and like RPGs to think this is funny, but it was the first thing I thought of when I saw the picture above.

(The second thing was "my word, that's going to stain....")
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!, fun with avatars, thwack!, unutterable silliness, zelda