Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-23-2013, 07:03 PM   #1
Vroo
Zealot
Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of Kindles, PocketBook HD3/InkpadX, inkBOOK, Kobo
Kindle Paperwhite has international shipping!

This might be great news for us all living in "Third World" - i.e. countries without their own Kindle Store. Amazon has just introduced Paperwhite for international shipping! There are two new product pages:

PW WIFI: http://amzn.to/pw-int-wifi ($139 + shipping + import fees deposit; $196 in case of Poland)

PW 3G: http://amzn.to/pw-int-3g ($199 + shipping + import fees deposit; $280)

I almost instantly ordered 3G though the price is completely weird...
Vroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:04 PM   #2
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Yep it was announced here in Canada today too.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2013, 07:07 PM   #3
Vroo
Zealot
Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of Kindles, PocketBook HD3/InkpadX, inkBOOK, Kobo
Yeah, but Canada has its own Kindle Store.
Vroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:34 PM   #4
digiridan
Enthusiast
digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3, Thinkpad Tablet
Yay, finally!
I was lucky enough to get it last year from friend in USA, but today I'm happy for other international users

digiridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:38 PM   #5
SmartyPants
Zealot
SmartyPants began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
you know you can use Freight Forwarders... like Hop Shop Go?
I got mine from US Amazon store, had it shipped to US address (for free) and then had it shipped to Australia for another $29...
SmartyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2013, 11:05 PM   #6
HYPE
Groupie
HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
What!? This is amazing! Now I need to consider replacing my new K4B.

Edit : Bought it. The one-day shipping was 3.99$ after I subscribed to the free Prime trial, which is pretty damn good. At least I don't have to buy a new sleeve. Now, onto selling my two months old K4B!

Last edited by HYPE; 01-23-2013 at 11:38 PM.
HYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:53 AM   #7
ninadb
ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 11th Gen 6.8,Kindle PW-1,Kindle KB wifi, Ipad 10.2-wifi
Cannot ship to Indian Address

Hi

Any one tried to ship paperwhite to India?
Although it is listed as one of the eligible countries
It says we cannot ship to Indian address
ninadb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:10 AM   #8
brewjono
Zealot
brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, KPW
Can't believe I missed this. I bought mine via a Freight Forwarder to Australia but it cost me dearly.

Got the Dick Smith Catalog today and saw them advertised to be available in stores on the 12th February.

Just in time for Valentines Day no doubt.

No mention of price though.
brewjono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:27 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninadb View Post
Hi

What do Kindle Customer Service say?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:21 PM   #10
Sven Viking
Capitalist Pig
Sven Viking began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, 4, Touch, Paperwhite
Unhappy

Just like with the Touch, this happens a couple of weeks after I resort to grey importing at additional cost .
Sven Viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:54 AM   #11
jmilica
Banned
jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninadb View Post
Hi
I ordered one yesterday for shipping to Delhi, it says
Quote:
Delivery Estimate: Thursday February 28, 2013 - Tuesday March 5, 2013 by 8:00pm
the payment was in rupees
jmilica is offline   Reply With Quote