Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-07-2012, 02:37 AM   #1
rav555
rav555 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
What happened to the "old" default reading list look???

A couple of revisions ago Calibre changed the look and function of the default reading list. I prefer the old default list which presented as a library. Please return that format or at the very least make it an option.

Is there a way to create reading lists much the same way that iTunes creates playlists? And there should be a way to toggle between the reading list "library" and the main library.

How can catalogues be created for reading lists if they are not seperate from the main library?

As of now I am going to uninstall the current versoin of Calibre and reinstall the older version with the seperate default reading list.
rav555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:32 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rav555 View Post
A couple of revisions ago Calibre changed the look and function of the default reading list. I prefer the old default list which presented as a library. Please return that format or at the very least make it an option.
What are you referring to when you say default reading list? A screen capture would be nice. All calibre older views are still selectable by changing Preferences - Look and Feel - User interface style and restarting calibre.

Quote:
As of now I am going to uninstall the current versoin of Calibre and reinstall the older version with the seperate default reading list.
Let us know if this restores the view you're talking about.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2012, 12:16 PM   #3
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
I'm not sure what you are talking about either. DoctorOhh's suggestion of giving a screen shot is a good idea.

But my guess would be that you have toggled Search highlighting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uten strek.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	3.3 KB
ID:	97392   Click image for larger version

Name:	med strek.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	4.5 KB
ID:	97393  
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:42 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilia View Post
But my guess would be that you have toggled Search highlighting.
I think this might be right on the mark.

@rav555 try toggling the third icon to the right of the search bar. This feature isn't a change to calibre it has been there for years, but sometimes folks hit it not realizing and it changes from having items highlighted among many to just seeing the selected books.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:56 AM   #5
rav555
rav555 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Now in Calibre when you highlight a book and "drop down" reading list you can add that book to a default list. When you "View" the list Calibre NOW highlights the books green and bunches them all together. In an earlier version about a year old, when you viewed the default list, that list appeared as a seperate "library" of just those books in that list. This allowed easy creation of book list catalogues to install on the kindle.

What I would like Calibre to do is allow the creation of "sub" libraries that can contain, History, Sci Fi, Biographies or any other topic or grouping that I can create, etc. Or maybe I can do that but I just don't know how.
rav555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #6
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
What I would like Calibre to do is allow the creation of "sub" libraries that can contain, History, Sci Fi, Biographies or any other topic or grouping that I can create, etc. Or maybe I can do that but I just don't know how.
Look at tags, saved searches and restrictions. Together those will do what you want (you tag books with the genre(s) you want, create saved searches matching the genre tags and use those saved searches as restictions).

Instant 'sub-libraries'.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:19 PM   #7
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I suspect that you have toggled the button to the right of the search input field (the one after the 'x').
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote