Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #31
hrosvit
Moron
hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, Galaxy Note 2, Nook ST
I, too, find being asked if I need to be helped thirty-five times to be irritating. And, even more iriritating, the level of "help" that I will receive if I take them up on it is, at best, questionable. I find the actual technical know-how of the average Best Buy employee to be just south of terrible. And the problem is that they are, apparently, incapable of saying "I don't know". So if you ask them a question to which they do not know the answer, they will just make something up. Ignorance is one thing, providing incorrect information is much worse. But I guess you can't expect to have a highly educated and skilled workforce when you're paying just over minimum wage. It's like surly, uninterested workers at fast food restaurants - I can't really blame them; I wouldn't want that job at that wage, either.
hrosvit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:05 PM   #32
CyGuy
Avid Reader
CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 902, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, ASUS TF700, and Cybook Gen III
I personally won't miss Best Buy at all. They are way overpriced and the staff can hardly be called knowledgeable. Any store that sells $5 HDMI cables for $35 should go out of business asap...
CyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2012, 01:37 PM   #33
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post

Ooops....

I don't get out much..............
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:50 PM   #34
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by heeby View Post
As pushy as they are I think the "no commission" thing is a lie. Not going to bother going back.
The "no commission" thing is true. I have relatives that worked there, one in the computer department and in Geek Squad. He was there for about five years all together. Another worked in Appliances for about 18 months. No Commissions.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:01 PM   #35
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Except (the new) CompUSA is in growth mode.
http://www.compusa.com/retailstores/compusaStores/

The ones near me are making money hand over fist.
I just decided to check out their site and was looking at Ft. Lauderdale. Their in-store clearance has a Sony PRS 505 for $279.96

Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2012, 07:13 PM   #36
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyGuy View Post
I personally won't miss Best Buy at all.
I think its a bit premature to make this statement right now. I dont think Best Buy will be going anywhere soon.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #37
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyGuy View Post
I personally won't miss Best Buy at all. They are way overpriced and the staff can hardly be called knowledgeable. Any store that sells $5 HDMI cables for $35 should go out of business asap...
I don't consider myself a Best Buy customer, but I have purchased six widescreen televisions from them. I have been very happy with their promotions, price adjustments, and customer service. The only time I stop in the store, though, is to pick up something I ordered online.

I hope they figure things out.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:01 PM   #38
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Durn! I hadn't thought about their Geek Squad being affected!
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:41 PM   #39
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:28 AM   #40
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
The IKEAnization of retail.
Go Sweden!
I like Ikea

Go Billy (bookshelves)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:57 AM   #41
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizwor View Post
I don't consider myself a Best Buy customer, but I have purchased six widescreen televisions from them. I have been very happy with their promotions, price adjustments, and customer service. The only time I stop in the store, though, is to pick up something I ordered online.

I hope they figure things out.
We are Best Buy customers. Not for everything but they are great when you want electronics. It's not like Amazon has a showroom...

I'll be sad to see them go - if they go - there aren't many other places where I can see electronic equipment before I buy.
MrsJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:54 PM   #42
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Improv Everywhere did an Operation: Best Buy mission/prank several years ago.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:54 PM   #43
MV64
Addict
MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
As much as I hate paying more money, it really isn't fair that Amazon continues to be tax-free. I wonder just how much an impact forcing them to charge tax would have on restoring some balance to the Internet sales and brick and mortar sales worlds.

And Best Buy's customer service sucks. But I love going in there and looking around and will be sad to see them go (I like buying small things online but for big purchases I'd really like to have alternatives to Walmart).
MV64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:22 PM   #44
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by MV64 View Post
I wonder just how much an impact forcing them to charge tax would have on restoring some balance to the Internet sales and brick and mortar sales worlds.
Zero effect.
Even if they charged sales tax, they would still be cheaper and still offer better policies.

http://hdguru.com/searching-for-an-h...h-amazon/4920/
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:31 PM   #45
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by MV64 View Post
As much as I hate paying more money, it really isn't fair that Amazon continues to be tax-free.
They're not tax-free everywhere. They collect sales tax in several states; including mine. All of my purchases from Amazon have been taxed.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote