Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-30-2010, 01:34 PM   #1
averyml
averyml began at the beginning.

Device: N800
Library Name as a Collection on Device

The screen on my trusty bebook shattered a couple weeks ago, and I have replaced it with a shiny new Sony PRS650. I'm still trying to figure out how to best organize my books on the Sony. I currently have three libraries in calibre (one for fiction, one for technical books, and one for work documentation). I'd like to separate these into three different collections on my device. I know I can set up a custom column and simply add the name of the library in there for each book, but I'd like a more automatic way of doing it, for example, by specifying the library as a collection field in the Sony plugin, or by filling in a default per-library value for a custom field. Is something like this possible?
averyml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:04 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can add a tag to all the existing books in the library and use the "tags to apply when adding a book" preference to keep it automatic. I don't recall if that preference is per library or not. If not, it obviously wont work.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2010, 02:11 PM   #3
averyml
averyml began at the beginning.

Device: N800
That was my first thought, but it doesn't appear to be per-library.
averyml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:20 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
then I'm afraid I know of no way to automate it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote