Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-12-2012, 06:08 PM   #1
CallOfCth'reader
Cultist
CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo, Kobo Forma, Kindle DX
The Hobbit - epub from Kobo store

Just purchased this for my new Kobo Glo. So far I haven't spotted any definite errors, although there are a couple of things that I need to check out against my paper copies. The formatting could do with tweaking though, as there are a couple of occasions (so far - at chapter 3) where a paragraph might be in a smaller font size than the rest of the text; something that I may, or may not, correct myself at a future date. Overall, pleased so far.

I haven't read The Hobbit in many years, so it's very enjoyable to visit it again; brings back lots of warm feelings.

Last edited by CallOfCth'reader; 12-12-2012 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Edit: posted as a first-glance review of the file.
CallOfCth'reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
CallOfCth'reader
Cultist
CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo, Kobo Forma, Kindle DX
Interestingly, the epub (as opposed to the kepub downloaded to the Kobo) has different formatting, and no sign of different font sizes.
CallOfCth'reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2012, 02:18 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to "Reading Recommendations".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:32 PM   #4
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
I've had the exact same problem. Kobo have advised me that they have contacted the publisher to get it fixed. And The Lord of the Rings Trilogy is the same - got that today and it has the same mixed fonts.

Both are ok when you download into ADE and read the pure epub.
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #5
darran1066
darran1066 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle hd fire
change the format of the book and it will put it right
darran1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert