Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-02-2013, 03:41 PM   #1
filmgal
filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: kobo, android phone/tablet
CC Content Server Series No.

I've spent the last 5 hours trying to do something using all the various templates but I can't seem to get it working.

When I am connected to Calibre's Content Server and I dig through one of the various groupings to find the books, all that is displayed is the Title without the series or the Number in the series.

Example:
"By Series" > "Camel Club" (shows there are 2 books)
The Camel Club
The Collectors

The problem is that only the titles are displayed. I need the series No. to determine which book to download to my device and read first. (Note: there is no issue once a book is downloaded: it displays the title and Series and Series No according to my template. The issue is knowing which books I want to download in the first place. For that I need to display the series No. when connected to the server).

I've gone through all the various templates and I am fairly certain that I have everything set ok.

Preferences > Metaplugboards:
epub - content_server
source template: {series}{series_index:| - | - }{title}
destination field: I've tried Title and also Title Sort, neither make a difference (after restarting Calibre of course).

I also have the same setting for epub - any device.

My sending books to devices template is {author_sort}/{series}{series_index:| - | - }{title}, but as far as I know that is just for actually sending a book to a device from within calibre on my main machine.

I've read this thread (among many) https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=204075, but I believe this applies to using CC to view books that have already been downloaded.

Does anyone know how to have series No. displayed while connected to the CC server?
filmgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:53 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Both the Regular and Mobil (display) content server show the Series_name [n] near the title of the book.

Templates do Not affect the Content servers 'Get' button
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2013, 04:00 PM   #3
filmgal
filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Both the Regular and Mobil (display) content server show the Series_name [n] near the title of the book.

Templates do Not affect the Content servers 'Get' button
Sorry, not sure what you mean.
If you mean that the series info appears (along with all of the other book information) once you select a title, then yes. I want the the series information to display when it lists the books under a certain tag without having to open each book in CC.

If you mean that the series IS displayed when the list of books under a certain group are displayed, then that is what I want but I don't know what you mean by "the Regular and Mobil (display) content server". I guess I don't have either of those, because I'm looking at my tablet right now and it displays what I said in my example: titles only, with no series info.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:05 PM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I have just tried using Calibre Companion to connect to the Content Server. Once connected, if I select 'By Series' then select a particular series name, it appears to me that all the books in the series are listed in ascending order, even though the number is not actually displayed in the list.

I don't know if that helps at all.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:23 PM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
CC currently does not display the series info in the book lists. We will look at adding it to the CC content server display sometime in the future.

Filename and plugboard templates have zero impact on CC. It uses calibre's metadata directly.

Jackie_w is correct, the books are displayed in series order when viewing by series.

Note that you can see the series info and all other metadata by tapping on the book and looking at its metadata.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2013, 07:21 PM   #6
filmgal

jackie_w, thanks for looking into it.
I had read that the books might be displayed in order, but I would have preferred it to be more explicit. Thanks for the confirmation though.

chaley, thanks. Good to know that I can stop looking. The books may be displayed in the order, but that doesn't tell me whether or not I am missing book 5 out of a 10 book series, so I would really love it if the series and number could be included in a future version. It would also prevent me from having to open every single book. Thanks.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:59 PM   #7
thekidsmom
Connoisseur
thekidsmom began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab 3, nook, Nexus 7, iPad
Thank you for asking (and answering) this question. I just ran into the same situation. And I second the request to show the series number after the title (without drilling down to see the metadata).
thekidsmom is offline   Reply With Quote