Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-07-2012, 06:28 PM   #181
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breid View Post
That's odd, I also live in Ireland and I updated via WiFi on Friday.
It's all over the place. Others here still haven't got the update, but I got mine days ago too.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:31 PM   #182
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
Anyway, my general feeling is that 2.1.4 is about where my Kobo experience should have started,
+10 on that. In future I think I should return any device I buy that has so many bugs when I first buy them (after the initial firmware update from factory to current). 2.1.4 finally works well enough.
Advert
Old 10-07-2012, 06:32 PM   #183
jusmee
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slartibartfaust View Post
for those that asked:
i had manually installed 2.1.1
used wifi to update to 2.14, no problems so far that i can see, page turns are fast and seem stable (touch wood)
Exactly the same here.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:36 PM   #184
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipsomaniac View Post
No auto-update to 2.1.4 here in Toronto either - at least, not up to last night.
Tried about half an hour ago and still no 2.1.4 here in Nova Scotia either.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #185
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
One sorting option I looked for, and didn't find, was to sort by %read. Basically I wanted to find the books I hadn't read yet.

Also, sometimes I open a book to see how big it is, because I haven't found a way to see if it is a short story or a complete book. This means the KT shows a small %read. So I want a sort by %read to bring unopened, and small %read books to the top of the list.
I'm not sure if I want to sort by % read, as 50% of a 500 page book is different from 50% of five pages. But a filter would be good: Only reading, Only unread.

And size would be good somewhere. The file size would be good enough for me. I know there are issues if there is a large cover image and little text, but it is better than nothing.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2012, 07:01 PM   #186
jusmee
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I'm not sure if I want to sort by % read, as 50% of a 500 page book is different from 50% of five pages. But a filter would be good: Only reading, Only unread.

And size would be good somewhere. The file size would be good enough for me. I know there are issues if there is a large cover image and little text, but it is better than nothing.
The filter would work - only if I can mark a book as unread - so I can reset those I only opened to have a look at briefly.

File size would help - or even better, and this is something I WISH the online stores would indicate, is number of pages. Surely, since this is an ebook reader, it can read how many pages are in a book, and display that alongside the book name. Failing that, yes, even file size would be a help.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:07 PM   #187
kianryan
kianryan knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kianryan knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kianryan knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kianryan knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kianryan knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kianryan knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kianryan knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kianryan knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kianryan knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kianryan knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kianryan knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo
UK KT user here.

Downloaded the 2.1.4 firmware and performed a manual upgrade. KT froze on "Updating" screen. Fails to start, fails to do anything, bricked.

Just a word of warning for fellow UK KT users. I'd hang fire until this OTAs.
kianryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:15 PM   #188
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by RareBird View Post
Tried about half an hour ago and still no 2.1.4 here in Nova Scotia either.
I must've missed it, but did they say somewhere the rollout was *geographic*? Maybe it was account-based...
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #189
kianryan
kianryan knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kianryan knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kianryan knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kianryan knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kianryan knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kianryan knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kianryan knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kianryan knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kianryan knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kianryan knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kianryan knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo
Quick update - have now disco lighted my way back to life (recovery partition reset), and am now just bringing myself back up to par. I'll wait for 2.1.4 to hit OTA.
kianryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:18 PM   #190
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kianryan View Post
Quick update - have now disco lighted my way back to life (recovery partition reset), and am now just bringing myself back up to par. I'll wait for 2.1.4 to hit OTA.
What firmware were you on before you did the manual upgrade?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:51 PM   #191
Jeff1192
Connoisseur
Jeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toys

Device: Kobo touch
Still no update for me in Ottawa Canada.
Jeff1192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:10 PM   #192
shannont
Connoisseur
shannont has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.shannont has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.shannont has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Touch, retired Sony PR300
No update for me in Calgary, AB just looked for it ...... hoping to speed up my page turns on epubs.
shannont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:11 AM   #193
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
no update yet in France neither
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:27 AM   #194
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
FOlks... I doubt we will see upgrades till Tuesday. Monday is a holiday here in Canada.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:59 AM   #195
DjeDJe_zr7
DjeDJe_zr7 will become famous soon enoughDjeDJe_zr7 will become famous soon enoughDjeDJe_zr7 will become famous soon enoughDjeDJe_zr7 will become famous soon enoughDjeDJe_zr7 will become famous soon enoughDjeDJe_zr7 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Touch
Hello vice-versa
Un de mes deux kobo touch c'est bien mis a jour la semaine dernière 2.1.4. Donc bien dispo en france, mais pour certaine version de kobo touch...

Hello vice versa
One of my two kobo touch was updated to 2.1.4 last week. Therefore available in France, but for some version of kobo touch ...

DjeDje
DjeDJe_zr7 is offline   Reply With Quote