Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-19-2012, 06:38 AM   #1
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Selecting multiple authors,series etc. when sorting by popularity

I wish to copy all authors with only one book in my library and move them to another library

In the tag browser if I click on A[xxx] I get all the authors whose last names start with 'A'

If I sort by popularity I get all books no matter which group I click on
(1 - 1[100] for example)

I cannot seem to figure out a search expression either although the information must be available somehow.

Any ideas appreciated.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:13 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
I wish to copy all authors with only one book in my library and move them to another library

In the tag browser if I click on A[xxx] I get all the authors whose last names start with 'A'

If I sort by popularity I get all books no matter which group I click on
(1 - 1[100] for example)

I cannot seem to figure out a search expression either although the information must be available somehow.

Any ideas appreciated.

Helen

I did nothing special:
Alter Tag Browser set to Sort by Popularity, Match Any

(NB My collapse threshold tweak is set to 30)
I now see 2 groups (of 30) of 1-1 popularity

I see the problem, I get all the authors whose name is attached to a Single book. There may be more than 1 Author (with a high count, too) on that book
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2012, 01:01 PM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post

I did nothing special:
Alter Tag Browser set to Sort by Popularity, Match Any

(NB My collapse threshold tweak is set to 30)
I now see 2 groups (of 30) of 1-1 popularity

I see the problem, I get all the authors whose name is attached to a Single book. There may be more than 1 Author (with a high count, too) on that book
I think we are talking about different things,

When I sort by popularity and expand the authors list and click on a group of authors I get all books displayed.
I see (sorry don't have screenshot)
>(little face) 1 - 100 [108]
When I click on [108] it displays all books by all authors.

When I sort by name and expand the authors list and click on a group of authors I get all books by authors last name first letter displayed.
I see
>(little face) A[198]
When I click on [198] it displays only books by authors whose last name begins with A.

I am clicking on the sublist itself not on the > to expand it.

I can expand the list and click (or CTL click)on each author but this is a very slow process as after about 8 clicks calibre does not respond for 30+seconds (using I5 second generation laptop).

I know that calibre knows the number of books per author as it displays the list in the tag browser, but I do not knoww the proper way to type this in the searchbar.

Thanks for the reply. Any other ideas?

Helen
Old 09-20-2012, 01:49 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
I can expand the list and click (or CTL click)on each author but this is a very slow process as after about 8 clicks calibre does not respond for 30+seconds (using I5 second generation laptop).
If you go to Preferences - Look and Feel - Tag browser tab you can change the partitioning to 15. This will allow you to easily do 15 at a time using the method you identified.

Quote:
I do not know the proper way to type this in the searchbar.
I don't know how to format what you're looking for either.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:33 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
@speakingtohe: clicking on a partition category (a "1 - 100" list) does not search for anything but instead clears the search, which is why you see all authors. This is by design, because there isn't any single search that can find the items in a partition. I could argue that instead of clearing the search it should do nothing at all, but that wouldn't help you.

There is no search expression that can find books with authors attached to only one book. Searches look at the information in a given book, not information cross-library. The tag browser knows this information cross library, but it doesn't export it in any useful way.

A plugin could be written to produce a list of books that meet your criteria (authors of the book are not attached to any other book). I am not aware of any existing plugin that can produce this list.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2012, 12:39 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
@speakingtohe

I Looked deep into the innards of calibre.db

Authors_Books_Link has the start of what you need.

1st Needed is the List of all Author (id#s) that have a count of only 1 book
Next you need to get the Book (Id#) for those Authors, but does not have another Author record with the same book (id#)

My SQL foo was not up to this (getting the list ) .

once that list is complete, you need to export the list so it can be used by a script to cause the Books to be moved. That is another problem.
I don't see a CLI that has Copy to Library (or an import of a List to 'Mark' books for you to the use Copy to Library

As you can see... Not simple
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:31 AM   #7
speakingtohe
Wizard

Oh well. Thanks for looking at it.

I stupidly thought that as the lists (particins?) looked the same whether sorted by name or by popularity that they could behave the same.

I will try a different approach.

Thanks to all.

Helen