Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 06-26-2011, 04:01 PM   #1
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.
martienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Icon/picture for ebook files?

Hi all! How do I set the little picture/icon for my PDF files so they look nice when I scroll my library on my ebook reader.
Sorry if this is a recurring question. I can't find the answer anywhere.
martienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:29 PM   #2
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 2014
You mean thumbnails ? You could use the print screen button and Gimp to turn the covers into icons.

If you're using Windows XP, save them as "Microsoft Windows icon (*.ico)". I think they need to be 96x96. I have no idea about Vista or 7. Probably 256x256... Experiment and find out. Or you can use Google.

If you're using Linux you can save them any way you'd like, JPG, PNG, doesn't matter. It will even take SVG. Especially SVG ! No matter the format, Dolphin (the default file manager from KDE) will adjust the quality on-the-fly when you zoom in on the files/folders so you don't have to bother with various sizes like 16x16, 32x32, 48x48, etc.

Exporting the cover is easy. Print screen is one way, but you can also click the cover in Adobe Reader (just tried it on Linux), choose "Copy Image" and paste it into Gimp. Then save it as .ico or .png, whatever.
DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert