Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-18-2011, 04:47 AM   #1
swoop
swoop began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
TXT input

In previous versions of Calibre, TXT input had a setting saying something like "Each new line is a paragraph". I make my own epub books from txt files and this settings was just excellent.

It created an paragraph everytime it encountered CR/LF and ignored extra CR/LFs. Current version has "plain" setting, but it lacks "Each new line is a paragraph" option. Can it be somehow set or included in future versions?

What is the last version that contains "Each new line is a paragraph" option? I might just download that one and leave it at that.

Thanks for answers.
swoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:31 AM   #2
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
I think you want 'Paragraph style=single', and the 'Formatting style=auto'.
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2011, 05:37 AM   #3
swoop
swoop began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkin View Post
I think you want 'Paragraph style=single', and the 'Formatting style=auto'.
I'll give it a spin right away. Thank for the reply.
swoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:22 AM   #4
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
You might also need to uncheck the heuristics setting (after enabling heuristics section), 'Delete blank lines between paragraphs'.
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:41 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by swoop View Post
I'll give it a spin right away. Thank for the reply.
If you hover over Paragraph or Format a long tool tip pops up explaining the options.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2011, 07:10 AM   #6
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
If you leave the paragraph style as 'auto' it should auto-detect that you're using the 'single' paragraph type.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote