Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-09-2014, 10:47 AM   #16
auntlee
auntlee is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.auntlee is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.auntlee is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.auntlee is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.auntlee is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.auntlee is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.auntlee is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.auntlee is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.auntlee is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.auntlee is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.auntlee is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: ibook
On sale this month - Junior

Junior is a diary kept by Joshua Jennings, Jr. of the three years he spent evading law enforcement authorities seeking to arrest him for blowing up the president, vice president, and his father, Joshua Jennings, Sr., at a campaign rally. Junior was eventually exonerated but then promptly disappeared, never to be seen or heard from again. Junior's diary, however, was published and became one of the world's most popular books.Junior is a 21st century Americanized version of the three year ministry of Jesus Christ, only funnier. Think the gospel of John written in a Vonnegut/Hiaasen style. Joshua is the Hebrew form of the Greek name Jesus.

Ninety-nine cents this month...

http://www.amazon.com/Junior-Ray-Don...he+book+donley

Review
At times comical, at times thoughtful, this novel is packed with memorable moments and refreshing insights on some of the more serious parts of life. A highly readable account of one man's journey from suspected terrorist to sought-after celebrity.
-- Kirkus Reviews

This book provides a light-hearted take on matter we often take too seriously for our own good -- politics, religion, and sports!
-- San Francisco Book Review
auntlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:23 PM   #17
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Thanks as always for keeping us so well informed about study Bible bargains.

This is a Thomas Nelson imprint and I've got one or two Thomas Nelson study Bibles which use other Bible translations than the NKJV. I wonder if any of the study aids in those study Bibles are the same as in this study Bible that you posted? In other words, is there any overlap? I don't use the NKJV, but if the study aids were unique to this study bible they might very well be worth four dollars and change. Do you know? If you don't know, do you have a "feel," one way or another? I hope to avoid comparing all of the study Bibles to see.
I haven't noticed any real overlap between the NKJV Study Bible and any others and I really like the study notes. The ones I use most often are the NIV, ESV and NKJV Study Bibles and the MacArthur.

The NKJV Study Bible used to be called "The Nelson Study Bible", though, so if you have that one, it's just an older edition.

If you want to take a quick look, you can download a PDF of the entire book of John from the NKJV Study Bible.

http://www.nelsonfree.com/nkjvstudyjohn
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:31 PM   #18
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Difflugia View Post
I haven't noticed any real overlap between the NKJV Study Bible and any others and I really like the study notes. The ones I use most often are the NIV, ESV and NKJV Study Bibles and the MacArthur.

The NKJV Study Bible used to be called "The Nelson Study Bible", though, so if you have that one, it's just an older edition.

If you want to take a quick look, you can download a PDF of the entire book of John from the NKJV Study Bible.

http://www.nelsonfree.com/nkjvstudyjohn
Thanks. I'll take a good look at what I can (previews, etc.) of the NKJV Study Bible, based on what you said. I don't think that the pdf of John would help, because I'm mainly interested in not duplicating the study tools, which would not be included with that pdf, I feel sure.

When I mentioned "previews, etc." that made me think of a hint that some of you may find helpful. This applies especially to books of "Christian Interest" and you will see why.

You may think that the only way to get previews of a book are to get them at Amazon. There are more ways. I know of two. One is to go to books.google.com/books and search for the book. If you don't see "preview" under one edition of the book, keep looking for other editions. Sometimes there are previews, sometimes there are not, but when there are previews, there usually will be additional text to preview than what you can get from Amazon. And, where Amazon's preview is usually just of the first few pages of the book, if you get one at Google it will be scattered throughout the book. In fact, there is often, if not always, a link to a "Surprise Me!" where Google will take you to a random position in the text.

The other way to get a preview is to go to a Bible software vendor. WordSearchBible (http://wordsearchbible.com) provides "samples" of books (note: these books use a proprietary software system and are not standalone books that you can buy and use by themselves). They will not have every "Christian Interest" book, by a long shot, and there are no fiction books, to speak of. The previews at times are random, I think, and sometimes are near the beginning of the book, but generally near the point where Amazon's previews end. From WordSearchBible's homepage, which URL is above, go to the menu on the left hand side to find the book in which you're interested. Then, when you get to the book's web page, there will be a photo of the cover of the book on the right side of the page, and underneath that is a button that says "Sample." You know what to do then.

I am not sure if other Bible software companies offer book previews or samples. Now and then I run across complete lists of Bible software companies and, when I get time I will try to check all of them to see if others of them offer previews or samples that might give you even more text to look at to know whether or not you want to buy a book. If and when I do I will re-post the information in this post and the information that I get from that investigation on a more appropriate thread.

Of course, if you use Amazon you can always buy an ebook from them and, under what I consider a very liberal policy, if you don't like it, return within 7 days for a full refund. However, I'm not sure that that is one of Amazon's acceptable reasons for returning a Kindle ebook and personally I would rather not do that.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 06-09-2014 at 08:37 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:07 AM   #19
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Big Price Drop on Kindle Ebooks on the Apostle Paul & Other Biblical Characters

Paul: Living for the Call of Christ (Men of Character Series). Rated 4 1/2 stars, but from only 8 reviews at the present time. Print list price $12.99; Kindle price now $0.99. http://www.amazon.com/Paul-Living-Ca...cter+Series%29. Kobo has not similarly reduced the price of this book at this writing; I did not check any other places.

Gene Getz is a very prolific writer of highly-rated books.

Book Description
One in a series of twelve books by Gene Getz examining role models of the Old and New Testaments in situations relevant to modern times.

Other Kindle ebooks by Gene Getz in this series marked down (to $0.99 each also):
Nehemiah: Becoming a Disciplined Leader. http://www.amazon.com/Men-Character-...miah+gene+getz.
David: Seeking God Faithfully. http://www.amazon.com/Men-Character-...God+Faithfully.
Joshua: Living as a Consistent Role Model. http://www.amazon.com/Men-Character-...ent+Role+Model.
Joseph: Overcoming Obstacles Through Faithfulness. http://www.amazon.com/Joseph-Overcom...h+Faithfulness.
Elijah: Remaining Steadfast Through Uncertainty.http://www.amazon.com/Men-Character-...gh+Uncertainty.
Abraham: Holding Fast to the Will of God. http://www.amazon.com/Men-Character-...he+Will+of+God.
Moses: Freeing Yourself to Know God. http://www.amazon.com/Men-Character-...lf+to+Know+God.
Daniel: Standing Firm for God. http://www.amazon.com/Men-Character-...g+Firm+for+God.
Jacob: Following God Without Looking Back.
http://www.amazon.com/Men-Character-...rds=jacob+getz.
The Apostles: Becoming Unified Through Diversity. http://www.amazon.com/Men-Character-...ough+Diversity.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 06-10-2014 at 02:53 AM.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:50 PM   #20
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Big Price Drop on Another Study Bible

I have a policy of not knowingly posting a book if it has been posted in the past. This one was posted most recently, at least, a year or so ago. Why am I posting it again?

First, it is $2.00 cheaper than it was the last time that it was posted. Second, the most recent time that it was posted before it was posted in a now dormant thread "Reduced price Bibles." Though this study bible does contain the Bible, it contains much, much more than that. People who are looking for tools, helps, and information in studying the Bible might not look in a "Reduced price Bibles" thread, thinking that the thread basically has only ebooks with the biblical text. I feel that these study bibles are best placed in this "Free/Bargain Christian Interest" thread.

My post of this book does not necessarily mean that I endorse the doctrinal views held by the writers of the non-bible text.

NIV Quest Study Bible: The Question and Answer Bible. Zondervan. Rated 4 1/2 stars from 122 reviews. Print list price $39.99; Kindle price now $4.99. http://www.amazon.com/NIV-Quest-Stud...d+Answer+Bible. I thought that, with this book being discountable, buying from Kobo might save some money, but I noticed that their reduced price is $9.99; unless you find a large discount code, buying there would not help you. I did not check for prices elsewhere, but according to Zondervan, in addition to Amazon it is available at iTunes, Barnes & Noble, and Google Play.

Book Description
With over one million copies sold, the NIV Quest Study Bible is designed for inquisitive readers who desire solid answers to their many questions. With thousands of notes and hundreds of articles by today's most trusted scholars, this unique Bible addresses the common, uncommon, and perplexing questions people ask about Scripture. Passages that puzzle will snap into clarity as you explore God's Word and use the many study helps. Features include: * Over 7,000 sidebar notes that clarify the Bible's most puzzling passages * Nearly 350 articles by top scholars that address today's most popular and provocative questions * Book introductions that identify themes, characters, and events in each Bible book * Article index and expanded subject index to help you quickly find the answers you're looking for * Single-column Scripture text format * Color-keyed verse numbers that supply instant reference to articles and sidebar notes * Over 150 two-color in-text charts, time lines, and maps providing background information to help you understand different passages * Concordance, dictionary, 16-page full-color map section, and reading plans to assist your studies of the Bible.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:11 AM   #21
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Difflugia View Post
I haven't noticed any real overlap between the NKJV Study Bible and any others and I really like the study notes . . . .
I found one of the Nelson imprint study Bibles--I think that it used the NIV text. There looks to be at least some overlap, at least some of the names of the study aids are the same.

It was just going to be too much trouble and too time-consuming to try to figure out how much overlap that there was going to be between the Nelson study bible that I had and this Nelson NKJV study bible that you just brought to our attention. I decided that for the little bit expense involved, by going the Kobo route with discount, I would just go ahead and buy it. I could compare the two when I got time.

I've been saying "when I've got time" a lot here lately . . . .
Old 06-11-2014, 04:22 AM   #22
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Bumps Are What You Climb On--Free Kindle, Epub, and ?

This is a real modern day classic on the subject.

Bumps Are What You Climb On, The: Encouragement for Difficult Days. By Warren W. Wiersbe. Rated 5 stars from 30 reviews at the present moment. Print list price $5.99; digital list price $5.99; Kindle price now $0.00. http://www.amazon.com/Bumps-Are-What...Difficult+Days. It's also free at Christianbook (in the ePub format, of course); I do not know about where else or in what other formats (pdf, et al.) it may be free as I did not check anywhere else).

My posting of this ebook does not necessarily indicate my endorsement of any doctrinal position espoused in the ebook.

Book Description
When feelings of frustration, disappointment, or loneliness hit, readers can find powerful encouragement in Warren Wiersbe's solid teaching. In The Bumps Are What You Climb On, he extracts wisdom from the Bible and helps those who are facing difficult days to respond with faith and hope.

These thirty brief meditations spark a fresh optimism for facing new challenges. They show readers how to trust in God's promises, reap the benefits of forgiveness, find contentment, add joy to life, and more. With Wiersbe's uplifting, accessible teaching and empowering challenges,
The Bumps Are What You Climb On is also useful as a devotional for any believer, at any time.

From the Back Cover
Are there bumps on your path?
Use them to climb higher! Here is powerful encouragement to help you.

We can't prevent the crisis hours of life. But we can successfully deal with them. In
The Bumps Are What You Climb On, Warren W. Wiersbe offers solid hope and comfort for times when you are faced with depression, frustration, disappointment, or loneliness. He extracts wisdom from the Bible and presents it in thirty brief, accessible meditations that guide you to respond with faith.

These meditations will spark a fresh optimism for facing a new day or new week. They show you how to trust in God's promises, reap the benefits of forgiveness, find contentment, add joy to life, and more. With Wiersbe's uplifting teaching and empowering challenges,
The Bumps Are What You Climb On also makes a compelling devotional for any believer, at any time.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 06-11-2014 at 04:24 AM.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:35 AM   #23
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Free Kindle Ebook to Help Make Your Marriage Better

10 Great Dates: Connecting Faith, Love & Marriage. By Peter Larson; Heather Larson; David Arp. Rated 4 stars from 27 reviews at the present moment. Print list price $12.99; digital list price $12.99; Kindle price now $0.00. http://www.amazon.com/10-Great-Dates...e+%26+Marriage. This ebook is free at Christianbook; elsewhere I know not.

Book Description
Finally, a Way to Connect Spiritually That You'll BOTH Enjoy!

While juggling the kids, work, church, and community commitments, are you and your spouse finding time to connect? When was the last time you had a good talk about faith or did a devotional together?

To help you jump-start deeper connections, four marriage experts have come up with 10 creative date ideas, each centered on a spiritual theme, including
Appreciating your differences
Experiencing God together
Facing the storms of life
Connecting through prayer

With the planning taken care of--including flexible suggestions for before, during, and after the date--you and your spouse can simply enjoy the time sharing what's important in life.

Download a free leader's guide for small groups at 10greatdates.org.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 06-11-2014 at 04:38 AM.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:22 AM   #24
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
10 Great Dates: Connecting Faith, Love & Marriage. By Peter Larson; Heather Larson; David Arp. Rated 4 stars from 27 reviews at the present moment. Print list price $12.99; digital list price $12.99; Kindle price now $0.00. http://www.amazon.com/10-Great-Dates...e+%26+Marriage. This ebook is free at Christianbook; elsewhere I know not.

Book Description
Finally, a Way to Connect Spiritually That You'll BOTH Enjoy!

While juggling the kids, work, church, and community commitments, are you and your spouse finding time to connect? When was the last time you had a good talk about faith or did a devotional together?

To help you jump-start deeper connections, four marriage experts have come up with 10 creative date ideas, each centered on a spiritual theme, including
Appreciating your differences
Experiencing God together
Facing the storms of life
Connecting through prayer

With the planning taken care of--including flexible suggestions for before, during, and after the date--you and your spouse can simply enjoy the time sharing what's important in life.

Download a free leader's guide for small groups at 10greatdates.org.
Thanks; it's also free at Barnes & Noble

Last edited by Froide; 06-12-2014 at 08:41 AM.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:25 AM   #25
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
This is a real modern day classic on the subject.

Bumps Are What You Climb On, The: Encouragement for Difficult Days. By Warren W. Wiersbe. Rated 5 stars from 30 reviews at the present moment. Print list price $5.99; digital list price $5.99; Kindle price now $0.00. http://www.amazon.com/Bumps-Are-What...Difficult+Days. It's also free at Christianbook (in the ePub format, of course); I do not know about where else or in what other formats (pdf, et al.) it may be free as I did not check anywhere else).

My posting of this ebook does not necessarily indicate my endorsement of any doctrinal position espoused in the ebook.

Book Description
When feelings of frustration, disappointment, or loneliness hit, readers can find powerful encouragement in Warren Wiersbe's solid teaching. In The Bumps Are What You Climb On, he extracts wisdom from the Bible and helps those who are facing difficult days to respond with faith and hope.

These thirty brief meditations spark a fresh optimism for facing new challenges. They show readers how to trust in God's promises, reap the benefits of forgiveness, find contentment, add joy to life, and more. With Wiersbe's uplifting, accessible teaching and empowering challenges,
The Bumps Are What You Climb On is also useful as a devotional for any believer, at any time.

From the Back Cover
Are there bumps on your path?
Use them to climb higher! Here is powerful encouragement to help you.

We can't prevent the crisis hours of life. But we can successfully deal with them. In
The Bumps Are What You Climb On, Warren W. Wiersbe offers solid hope and comfort for times when you are faced with depression, frustration, disappointment, or loneliness. He extracts wisdom from the Bible and presents it in thirty brief, accessible meditations that guide you to respond with faith.

These meditations will spark a fresh optimism for facing a new day or new week. They show you how to trust in God's promises, reap the benefits of forgiveness, find contentment, add joy to life, and more. With Wiersbe's uplifting teaching and empowering challenges,
The Bumps Are What You Climb On also makes a compelling devotional for any believer, at any time.
Thanks, it's also free at Barnes & Noble

Last edited by Froide; 06-12-2014 at 08:41 AM.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:54 AM   #26
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Kindle Freebie--Bear Grylls' Lessons to His Sons

The free and cheap ebooks from, to, and about fathers keep coming, prior to Fathers' Day. This one has been marked down before, but I don't think that it's ever been free.

To My Sons: Lessons for the Wild Adventure Called Life. By Bear Grylls. Rated 4 1/2 stars from 31 reviews at the present time. Print list price $9.99; digital $9.99; Kindle price now $0.00. http://www.amazon.com/My-Sons-Lesson...re+Called+Life. It's also free at Christianbook (ePub) and probably elsewhere.

Book Description
This humorously illustrated book is a collection of wisdom that renowned adventurer Bear Grylls wants to share with his sons about the risks, tumbles, and victories of a well-lived life.

Mountain climber, world-record holder, and internationally known television personality Grylls knows a thing or two about adventure. The greatest adventure he's experienced, though, is raising his three boys. In
To My Sons, Grylls shares the quotes, Scripture verses, and spiritual wisdom he has learned through the literal ups and downs of an exciting life. Featuring cartoons from well-known sketch artist Charlie Mackesy, this book is a poignant primer for boys and men of all ages.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 06-12-2014 at 06:58 AM.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:40 AM   #27
Froide
Wizard

Quote:
The free and cheap ebooks from, to, and about fathers keep coming, prior to Fathers' Day. This one has been marked down before, but I don't think that it's ever been free.

To My Sons: Lessons for the Wild Adventure Called Life. By Bear Grylls. Rated 4 1/2 stars from 31 reviews at the present time. Print list price $9.99; digital $9.99; Kindle price now $0.00. http://www.amazon.com/My-Sons-Lesson...re+Called+Life. It's also free at Christianbook (ePub) and probably elsewhere.

Book Description
This humorously illustrated book is a collection of wisdom that renowned adventurer Bear Grylls wants to share with his sons about the risks, tumbles, and victories of a well-lived life.

Mountain climber, world-record holder, and internationally known television personality Grylls knows a thing or two about adventure. The greatest adventure he's experienced, though, is raising his three boys. In
To My Sons, Grylls shares the quotes, Scripture verses, and spiritual wisdom he has learned through the literal ups and downs of an exciting life. Featuring cartoons from well-known sketch artist Charlie Mackesy, this book is a poignant primer for boys and men of all ages.
Thanks; it's also free at B&N.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:36 PM   #28
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Explore the Majesty of God with a Bargain Ebook

The subtitle of this book is "A Guide for Preaching and Teaching," but from previewing it it seems like it would be a valuable book for anyone who is a serious Bible student.

Majesty of God in the Old Testament, The: A Guide for Preaching and Teaching. By Walter C. Kaiser, Jr. Rated 5 stars, but from only 4 reviews at the present moment. Print list price $20.00; digital list price $20.00; Kindle price now $3.99. http://www.amazon.com/Majesty-God-Ol...g+and+Teaching. Information from a couple of other sources that I checked: you can save $0.80 (making the total $3.19) by purchasing the ePub at Christianbook. The ePub is $3.49 at Kobo, but is discountable, probably giving you the best possible deal.

Book Description
This new book by a trusted Old Testament scholar directs the student and pastor to an aspect of biblical truth often lacking in contemporary preaching and teaching: God's unsurpassed majesty and greatness. Kaiser suggests that a key way to recapture this important doctrine in the pulpit is through the preaching of the Old Testament--itself an oft-neglected or mishandled discipline. By expositing ten great Old Testament passages that are rife with evidence of God's majesty, he shows how today's preacher might address this deficiency. He also shows how such exercises as word studies and historical/archaeological studies can be used to help pastors make the Old Testament relevant to their congregations.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:49 AM   #29
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Big, Big Price Drop on Kindle on Love and Respect in the Family

Dr. Eggerich is a prolific writer on the family and his books are highly rated. Ninety-nine cents is a fantastic price on a book of his, especially one of this size--270 pages. Git it wile da gittin' is goot.

Love & Respect in the Family: The Respect Parents Desire; The Love Children Need. By Emerson Eggerichs. Rated 4 1/2 stars from 75 reviews at the present moment. Print list price $15.99; Kindle price now $0.99. http://www.amazon.com/Love-Respect-F...+Children+Need. Whispersync available for a "reduced price" of $12.99 [ack!, G]. I didn't check for the availability of the ebook elsewhere.

Book Description
Children need love. Parents need respect.

It is as simple and complex as that!

When frustrated with an unresponsive child, a parent doesn’t declare, “You don’t love me.” Instead the parent asserts, “You are being disrespectful right now.” A parent needs to feel respected, especially during conflicts. When upset a child does not whine, “You don’t respect me.” Instead, a child pouts, “You don’t love me.” A child needs to feel loved, especially during disputes.

But here’s the rub: An unloved child (or teen) negatively reacts in a way that feels disrespectful to a parent. A disrespected parent negatively reacts in a way that feels unloving to the child. This dynamic gives birth to the FAMILY CRAZY CYCLE.

So how is one to break out of this cycle? Best-selling author Emerson Eggerichs has studied the family dynamic for more than 30 years, having his Ph.D. in Child and Family Ecology. As a senior pastor for nearly two decades, Eggerichs builds on a foundation of strong biblical principles, walking the reader through an entirely new way to approach the family dynamic. For instance, God reveals ways to defuse the craziness with our children from preschooler to teen, plus how to motivate them to obey and how to deal with them when they don’t. In the Bible, God has spoken specifically to parents on how to parent. This book is about that revelation.
Old 06-16-2014, 03:15 AM   #30
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Another Study Bible Marked Way, Way Down--Multiple Formats

Study Bibles is sort of Difflugia's "turf," so I hope that he doesn't mind me going ahead and posting this.

The last time that Difflugia posted a Thomas Nelson study Bible, I raised a question about how much overlap there would be, if any, of the non-Bible material (the study helps, the tools, et al.) of that study Bible and other Thomas Nelson study Bibles that I owned. I didn't take the time to really compare them, and went ahead and bought the newly-posted study Bible anyway. Well, I did do some comparison between this Thomas Nelson study Bible and the other two Thomas Nelson study Bibles--The NJKV Study Bible and The Compass study Bible--that I own. There definitely are differences. One very notable one is that the study Bible that I am posting now appears to have all or mostly color maps, where the other study Bibles have all or mostly black-and-white maps.

My post of this book does not necessarily mean that I endorse the doctrinal views held by the writers of the non-bible text.

The Chronological Study Bible (NKJV). Thomas Nelson. Rated 4 1/2 stars from 259 reviews. Print list price $44.99; Digital list price $34.99; Kindle price now $6.99. http://www.amazon.com/Chronological-...ble+%28NKJV%29. I checked Kobo (ePub format), and the study Bible is available from them at $6.99, also, but it is discountable.

Book Description
The Bible that allows you to study Scripture in the order of events as they happened

The Chronological Study Bible presents the text of the New King James Version in chronological order - the order in which the events actually happened - with notes, articles, and full-color graphics that connect the reader to the history and culture of Bible times. It is the only NKJV study Bible arranged in chronological order.

Features include:

-The entire NKJV text with translators’ notes, arranged in chronological order, provides absorbing and effective Bible study
-Full-color illustrations of places, artifacts, and cultural phenomena give the reader a dramatic, “you are there” experience
-Fascinating articles connect the Bible text to world history and culture
-Daily Life Notes explain how people lived in Bible times
-Time Panels and Charts show the flow of Bible history
-In-text and full-page color maps of the biblical world assist study