Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-24-2010, 05:51 PM   #1
steen
steen began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Organize a series of books

I poked around the sub-forum and didn't see anything specific but please forgive me if this has already been discussed.

I have quite a few series of books in my library, some having ten or more books. I just received my nook this weekend and haven't seen any function to organize them. Am I stuck with having the series # in the title? I'm used to the Sony Reader being able to browse by collection.

Thanks!!
steen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:58 PM   #2
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by steen View Post
I poked around the sub-forum and didn't see anything specific but please forgive me if this has already been discussed.

I have quite a few series of books in my library, some having ten or more books. I just received my nook this weekend and haven't seen any function to organize them. Am I stuck with having the series # in the title? I'm used to the Sony Reader being able to browse by collection.

Thanks!!
Currently you can not organize the books on your nook like you can on a Sony. Unless you root your nook. Check out the video on this post:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=23

I have not done it myself yet I will probably wait to see what the next firmware update brings.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2010, 09:27 PM   #3
JoelMBenge
JoelMBenge began at the beginning.

Device: B&N Nook
This has been brought up in the B&N forums and hopefully will be fixed. For books I have stored in Calibre, I prefixed the name with an abbreviation of the series. So the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books are HGTTG01, HGTTG02, etc. Works as a stopgap for now.
JoelMBenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:38 PM   #4
steen
steen began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Okay, thanks! Hopefully they (B&N) will address it. I'll just adjust the titles in Calibre for now.
steen is offline   Reply With Quote