Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 02-23-2009, 06:18 PM   #1
alehel
Zealot
alehel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Which font do you use?

Just out of curiosity, I was wondering what font people prefear to read their books in. Currently I primarily use Verdana, but I just started experimenting with installing fonts. I started by installing Times New Roman as that was the only one I actually kew the name of.
alehel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:55 PM   #2
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
I generally use Constantia.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2009, 01:45 AM   #3
lordofazeroth
Connoisseur
lordofazeroth began at the beginning.

Device: kobo mini and kindle touch
DejaVu
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dejavu
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34466
lordofazeroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:53 AM   #4
magiske
magiske began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook Gen 3
I use "Warnock Pro SmBd". Looks very good when using "small" fonts.

/M
magiske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:00 AM   #5
ErwinOtten
Addict
ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
I use Bitstream Vera Sans.
This version is specialy made for the Cybook by Icehand. It gives more lines on a page than the standard Verdana.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22374
ErwinOtten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2009, 02:50 AM   #6
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I use Gentium Book Basic. I find it more easy on the eyes than Bitstream Vera Sans. That way I can use a font size one step smaller so I get even more lines on my screen

Last edited by Ortep; 02-24-2009 at 03:05 AM.
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 03:00 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I use "Georgia", but the Windows version of it, not the version supplied with the CyBook. The Windows version of the font has a somewhat wider interline spacing, which I prefer.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:07 AM   #8
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Fontin, at the moment. A free, elegant, serif font, that might even be described as semi-serif. Comes in Roman, Italic and Bold (alas, no bold-italic at the moment).

http://www.josbuivenga.demon.nl/fontin.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by alehel View Post
Just out of curiosity, I was wondering what font people prefear to read their books in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fontin.gif
Views:	276
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	24269  
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:48 AM   #9
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I used Lucida Bright for a while, but there was something distracting in it... I seem to remember I was not satisfied with the hyphens and dashes too.

Then I chose Constantia. It was almost perfect, but the old-style numbers didn't look right in some situations, like chapter headings.

Now I use Droid Serif, and I'm fully satisfied, I have not grown tired of it, and everytime I try another font, I quickly return to Droid. (The only "quirk" so far is that it does not seem to include diacritics for Cyrillic... but I don't read Cyrillic anyway.)
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:01 AM   #10
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
I use Lucida Sans and like it better than Verdana which is the two fonts I have used most.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:10 AM   #11
lordofazeroth
Connoisseur
lordofazeroth began at the beginning.

Device: kobo mini and kindle touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErwinOtten View Post
I use Bitstream Vera Sans.
This version is specialy made for the Cybook by Icehand. It gives more lines on a page than the standard Verdana.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22374
Is there a difference between the Deja VU and the Icehand Font?
Is the icehand font as complete as the deja vu?
lordofazeroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:41 AM   #12
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Hi

I use Arial Narrow adapted with using Icehand techniques mentioned above, so I get more text and more lines in the screen.

Best regards,
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:38 PM   #13
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
I'm currently trying Calibri (from Vista), interesting one, particularly clear with small size.
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:08 PM   #14
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
I use the Droid font-family: http://www.droidfonts.com/droidfonts/
Download available here: http://damieng.com/blog/2007/11/14/d...oogle-ascender
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:26 AM   #15
ErwinOtten
Addict
ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofazeroth View Post
Is there a difference between the Deja VU and the Icehand Font?
Is the icehand font as complete as the deja vu?
As far as I know (I'm using the font about half a year now) Bitstream Vera Sans is very complete.
I have no experience with deja vu, so I can't tell you about any differences.
ErwinOtten is offline   Reply With Quote