Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-13-2008, 11:26 AM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Please request this book at Amazon/Sony

Since Amazon has added the "Please tell the publisher I'd like this book on the Kindle" link, we might be able to help each other get the books we want.

Please add a link to the book(s) you would like to see Kindle-ized, Sony-fied. Hopefully everyone reading this thread will click the link for you and you will click links for them. Win-Win!

Edit: Adding the Sony info provided by JSWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
As both Amazon and Sony have a way on their respective sites to request eBooks, I've moved this thread and renamed it appropriately. I suggest that for every request for an eBook, that we go to both Amazon & Sony to put in a request. The more requests that are out there, the better chance of getting eBooks.

The Sony thread on requesting
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27720

The Amazon thread on requesting
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27545

The direct link to Sony to request (best make sure the eBook isn't already there first)
http://connect-metrics.custhelp.com/...eys/ws?_133=25

At Sony, if you search for an eBook, found or not, you get on the right hand side...
Title not found?
Request the title.

Sony's eBookstore URL
http://ebookstore.sony.com
After trying the find one of the books already listed below at the Sony store, I'm going to assume that any book submitted will have to use the request the title link. I'm am submitting everything on the list so far to Sony. If they happen to have one of them already... oh well.

Edit: A little maintenance. I'll add everyone's links to this post as well to make them easier for folks to find.

The Harry Potter Party by J.K. Rowling
From James Clavell
From Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
Colleen McCullough's Masters of Rome series:
Available in ebook form (Kindle and or Sony):

Last edited by daffy4u; 05-17-2009 at 07:50 PM.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:30 AM   #2
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
I've clicked it, although I don't have a kindle. But could it be possible that if a book is converted by Amazon, a Mobipocket version might appear too?
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2008, 11:32 AM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
I've clicked it, although I don't have a kindle. But could it be possible that if a book is converted by Amazon, a Mobipocket version might appear too?
Thanks, that's my hope. If a Kindle version is made how much more difficult would it be for the publishers to cover all the formats (no matter what ebook reader one uses), not very, I would think.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:37 AM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
nice idea ! i hope like Over that perhaps a kindle version might lead to other format ebooks, so i'm happy to click as well even though i don't have a kindle.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:52 AM   #5
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I clicked on Yours, Daffy. And here is my request: The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress by Robert Heinlein. This thread is a great idea!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2008, 11:59 AM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
This thread is a great idea!
You inspired it, so of course it's a great idea.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:04 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

i've clicked on yours too, pshrynk.

i have no kindle but i'm crossing my finges for pshrynk's rising tide floating all boats, so if you wouldn't mind clicking on some Edmund Crispin for me i'd be very grateful.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:08 PM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Done ZP.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:23 PM   #9
zelda_pinwheel

thanks !!! i hope it works...
Old 08-13-2008, 01:28 PM   #10
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
I mentioned this in another thread but the first book I clicked on was Michael Chabon's The Yiddish Policemen's Union. It's the 2008 Hugo winner for Best Novel. I'll be sure to click on everyone else's, too. Great suggestion!

Last edited by Alisa; 08-13-2008 at 01:30 PM.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 01:38 PM   #11
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
OK .... I did my bit for all three books. If anyone adds others, I would be pleased to suggest those to Amazon too.

And, you are right ... if enough books come out for the Kindle, other ebook publishers would be crazy not to put them out in other formats.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 05:02 PM   #12
cush
Virtual Staggerwing Flier
cush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle (and an iMac)
Daffy4U, could you please add this compendium of Patrick O'Brian's Aubry/Maturin novels

Last edited by cush; 08-13-2008 at 05:09 PM.
cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 05:06 PM   #13
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by cush View Post
Daffy4U, could you please add this compendium of Patrick O'Brian's Aubry/Maturin novels? http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Aubre...8660878&sr=8-1
I have clicked.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:11 PM   #14
cush
Virtual Staggerwing Flier
cush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle (and an iMac)
Daffy-did the link work for you? I was still editing and trying to figure out how to condense the long URL into a "clickie"
cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 05:22 PM   #15
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by cush View Post
Daffy-did the link work for you? I was still editing and trying to figure out how to condense the long URL into a "clickie"
Yep, it worked fine.

To make a clickable link follow these instructions (I posted this on another thread, sorry for the rerun).

Quote:
Type your message, then go back and select (highlight) the text that you want to turn into a link. After you select the text, go to the top of the window and click on the little planet earth with the 2 link chain at the bottom of it. A window will open into which you paste the url that goes with the text. Click okay and your text is now a link.

Sample

This is how it looks behind the scenes but there are brackets on either end that make the coding disappear:

URL="https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27683"]Sample[/URL

Tags
duck!, kindle, publisher, request books, sony