Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-14-2012, 07:57 AM   #31
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Since I don't do Twitter or Facebook, I miss out
Meee Toooo Thanks goodness!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:06 PM   #32
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
For a second I got very excited about this, because I just got a Roku on the BF deals, but then I remembered that my ipod classic with all my music (including Amazon mp3s) is plugged into the stereo next to the TV, so it doesn't make a difference to me. It's fun to have Pandora on the Roku, but when I tried out their canned Holiday channels, I discovered that I like my own collection of holiday music better. I just choose the genre "Holiday" on my ipod and set it to shuffle and I have a fantastic holiday channel!

eP
Have neither stereo or Ipod. I was using my Computer but having neighbor trouble as he thinks it's okay to blast me out of my living room with his $%#$% Bass every evening so the TV is a much better option for me so I can hear it with the good headphones as it's on the other side of the room so I don't feel like I am middle of a thunderstorm.

Slacker Radio Christmas channels are better than Pandora.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2012, 01:13 PM   #33
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
FYI, Google also offers a free holiday song every day. Today's is "The Merriest" by June Christy.
Thanks

Why does Google Wallet want my credit card for a free song?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:24 PM   #34
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Thanks

Why does Google Wallet want my credit card for a free song?
It's seemingly random, but they often do that for the free songs. Just tie in a pre-paid card with little credit on it.

today's song is Little Saint Nick by THE BEACH BOYS
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:05 PM   #35
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Squeeee! Today finally after forever Amazon has released their Cloud Player app for Roku and Samsung boxes! So I can finally listen to all these good Holiday tunes on my TV. I am ecstatic!
Sweet!!! I've got to get this going!!!

Thanks, Blossom!!!
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2012, 09:05 AM   #36
mayoi
mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: PW2 and K3 Kindles, TF101
Quote:
Squeeee! Today finally after forever Amazon has released their Cloud Player app for Roku and Samsung boxes! So I can finally listen to all these good Holiday tunes on my TV. I am ecstatic!
Very cool, thanks for posting this!
mayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:54 AM   #37
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
New list is up for the 16th, although I only see/get four instead of five. The list even starts with number "2" and number "1" isn't there or visible. Maybe geo restrictions for the US???

The four I see/get are:
  • O Holy Night - Rick Springfield
  • Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Sister Hazel
  • Angels We Have Heard on High (feat Josh Groban) - Brian McKnight
  • Deck the Halls - Twisted Sister

Oh yeah, and it's the same link as in the OP....

Last edited by sufue; 12-16-2012 at 11:56 AM.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:00 PM   #38
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
And another free Christmas album (although really more like an EP, with only four tracks) is Free Must-Have Christmas Masterpieces.

Link is here, hopefully affiliate-free since I typed in amazon.com and searched from there:

http://www.amazon.com/Free-Must-Have...s+Masterpieces

Ooops - just noticed this up in the OP, somehow missed it first time looking - apologies...

Last edited by sufue; 12-16-2012 at 12:09 PM. Reason: double post, apologies...
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #39
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
I see five in today's list; two I already had.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:58 PM   #40
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Ooops - just noticed this up in the OP, somehow missed it first time looking - apologies...
No worries. Doesn't hurt to announce it again.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #41
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Today Only -- 19 Dec

Not free, but still a great buy is this album for only $0.99

The Essential Now That's What I Call Christmas
  • Happy Xmas (War Is Over) -- John & Yoko
  • Blue Christmas -- Elvis Presley
  • It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year -- Andy Williams
  • Baby, It's Cold Outside -- Dean Martin
  • It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas -- Johnny Mathis
  • The Little Drummer Boy -- Harry Simeone Chorale
  • A Holly Jolly Christmas -- Burl Ives
  • Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer -- Gene Autry
  • Little Saint Nick -- The Beach Boys
  • The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late) -- Chipmunks
  • Santa Claus Is Coming To Town -- Jackson 5
  • Run Rudolph Run -- Chuck Berry
  • Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer -- Elmo & Patsy
  • Feliz Navidad -- José Feliciano
  • This Christmas -- Donny Hathaway
  • Wonderful Christmastime -- Paul Mccartney
  • Step Into Christmas -- Elton John
  • Last Christmas -- Wham!
  • Jingle Bell Rock -- Daryl Hall & John Oates
  • Do You Hear What I Hear -- Carrie Underwood
  • Breath Of Heaven (Mary's Song) -- Amy Grant
  • Mistletoe -- Colbie Caillat
  • This Christmas (Could Be The One) -- Ledisi
  • Silent Night -- The Temptations
Old 12-19-2012, 02:51 PM   #42
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Today Only -- 19 Dec

Not free, but still a great buy is this album for only $0.99

The Essential Now That's What I Call Christmas
I got this with the voucher awhile back and it's definitely worth the price. A great collection for anyone who loves traditional holiday music. There's like one or two songs on there that's modern but most you will recognize right away.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:57 PM   #43
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
I got this with the voucher awhile back and it's definitely worth the price. A great collection for anyone who loves traditional holiday music. There's like one or two songs on there that's modern but most you will recognize right away.
Same here. It's a nice mix of popular holiday songs.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:34 PM   #44
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I saw your post and then went back and saw that it was one of the albums. At the time, I said none of them interested me. Evidently I neglected to look at the content of this one, otherwise I would've picked it up then. Now it's a dollar cheaper.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:45 PM   #45
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I saw your post and then went back and saw that it was one of the albums. At the time, I said none of them interested me. Evidently I neglected to look at the content of this one, otherwise I would've picked it up then. Now it's a dollar cheaper.
I got mine for free. Had some mp3 credits from buying the SGP5 on hubby's account. A great album to listen to just in time for Christmas. I thought of gifting it to a few friends but most of them are scrooges or don't know what a mp3 is.