Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-16-2011, 01:03 AM   #166
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Alright, I decided to take a look at the "assets" folder to see what was coming up. Based on when the offers appeared, here are my projections:
  • 18 Jun -- $10 for $20 Amazon Gift Card
  • 22 Jun -- Spend $10 on eligible Kindle books and get $10 Amazon Gift Card
  • 26 Jun -- Save $20 on portable GPS devices at Amazon GPS store
  • 30 Jun -- Save $25 when you spend $50 on Camping & Backpacking Gear from Amazon
  • 04 Jul -- Save $15 when you spend $20 on Amazon Kindle Skins
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:21 AM   #167
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
Plus this one here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screensvr.gif
Views:	166
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	72856  
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2011, 08:49 AM   #168
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas0039 View Post
Plus this one here.
It's just a new ad, similar to Olay and Buick.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:51 AM   #169
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Alright, I decided to take a look at the "assets" folder to see what was coming up. Based on when the offers appeared, here are my projections:
  • 30 Jun -- Save $25 when you spend $50 on Camping & Backpacking Gear from Amazon
sounds good to me.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:40 AM   #170
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Quote:
It's just a new ad, similar to Olay and Buick.
Thanks, next time I'll look at the fine print.
Advert
Old 06-16-2011, 11:09 AM   #171
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas0039 View Post
Thanks, next time I'll look at the fine print.
Although, for those who requested the promo code for the 25% off an endless.com order, they could get a Gucci watch for 25% off. Way too rich for my blood. I prefer $30 Casio G-Shocks from Costco.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:19 AM   #172
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Although, for those who requested the promo code for the 25% off an endless.com order, they could get a Gucci watch for 25% off. Way too rich for my blood. I prefer $30 Casio G-Shocks from Costco.
They sell those at Costco?? Man that's what I get for ignoring the jewelry section.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:43 AM   #173
shibamistress
Groupie
shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KSO (3G), Nook Color, android apps
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
sounds good to me.
And me!

I actually have been thinking about a skin, so maybe I'll wait and see if that one shows up. And the gift card offers will be used for sure.

Question: these show up in the folders, so that means they will be offers, but the projections are when they might appear?
shibamistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:45 AM   #174
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
They sell those at Costco?? Man that's what I get for ignoring the jewelry section.
Yep, but they don't always have them. Just look every time you go in. They're usually in that big bulky packaging in boxes on an endcap. I paid $30 for the Casio DW9052-1V sometime last year. It's a great watch for outdoor activities.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:50 AM   #175
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibamistress View Post
Question: these show up in the folders, so that means they will be offers, but the projections are when they might appear?
Correct. These will be offers (unless Amazon pulls them for some reason), because the screensavers are already loaded on our KSOs. The projection is when they'll appear. I based it on the date and time they loaded onto my KSO.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:59 AM   #176
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibamistress View Post
I actually have been thinking about a skin, so maybe I'll wait and see if that one shows up. And the gift card offers will be used for sure.
Getting the GCs is always a given. Not sure about the GPS; depends on what's available for a good price. I'm definitely jumping on the camping gear. The skin is a maybe, but only for my DIL if she wants it. Skinning a beautiful black device goes against my religion.

After 5 losers (for me) in a row, I now get 5 winners in a row.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:35 PM   #177
digitalsymphony
digitalsymphony began at the beginning.

Device: none
Any kind soul out there willing to give me there 20% Off Amazon HDTV code? Please PM me if you don't plan on using it. I believe this was an offer that showed up on the KSO up until a couple of weeks ago. I missed it at the time and am now in need of updating our old tube TV.
digitalsymphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:41 PM   #178
KarenH
Addict
KarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five words

Device: K3
Quote:
Hmm darn. I was thinking of getting my brother a KSO but he would only purchase things with a gift card. Would be sad if he can't take advantage of the offers.
When I took advantage of the $20 gift card for $10 offer, I expected it to require a credit card, but I had an existing gift card balance on my account and it used part of that to pay for the gift card. I was shocked, didn't expect that at all, but I sure won't complain! This was right at the very beginning, so they may have made changes since then, but at that time if you had credit on your account and used the one-click buying, it did use the store credit rather than the credit card that was listed on the account.

ETA: Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, it might not have even been one-click, since I don't normally have that on for purchases other than ebooks.

Last edited by KarenH; 06-16-2011 at 01:44 PM. Reason: additional information
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:52 PM   #179
Lemming_in_ND
Lemming_in_ND began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Just got my Kindle a couple of weeks ago. I have one more offer in my assets folder that I haven't seen mentioned:

$20 off tools at Amazon.com when you spend $30 or more

The directory name is 7284109154529. It looks like it was added on 06/10.

Below is a picture of it:

Click image for larger version

Name:	screensvr.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	72952
Lemming_in_ND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:36 PM   #180
chas0039
Sceptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemming_in_ND View Post
Just got my Kindle a couple of weeks ago. I have one more offer in my assets folder that I haven't seen mentioned:

$20 off tools at Amazon.com when you spend $30 or more

The directory name is 7284109154529. It looks like it was added on 06/10.

Below is a picture of it:

Attachment 72952
New one for me as well, just recently. I don't think we can depend on the date the file was modified last to match the date it was loaded to the Kindle.