Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-10-2010, 10:04 PM   #1
RunnerGirl
RunnerGirl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Transfer Calibre converted file to Amazon via email

Can someone please help me...and be very specific in your instructions as I am new to this whole process with e-readers / converting files!

When I try to send my book in Calibre to my kindle account, I get an error message (see below at the end of this question). The process I am using to send it is as follows:
1. Highlight book
2. Click on Connect/share icon
3. Select start content server
4. then select email to myname@free.kindle.com (I've also tried myname@kindle.com and my personal email accounts)

Then I receive this error message:

ERROR: Failed to email books: Failed to email the following books:
Switch

(10060, 'A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 646, in _send_mails
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 96, in sendmail
File "smtplib.py", line 295, in connect
File "smtplib.py", line 273, in _get_socket
File "socket.py", line 514, in create_connection
error: [Errno 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
RunnerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:19 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnerGirl View Post
The process I am using to send it is as follows:
1. Highlight book
2. Click on Connect/share icon
3. Select start content server
4. then select email to myname@free.kindle.com (I've also tried myname@kindle.com and my personal email accounts)
You don't need step 3. The content server has nothing to do with sending books by email.
I can't help much with step 4, but you do need to configure correctly for sending by email first. A mail server and username/password are needed.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2010, 10:19 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, RunnerGirl

did you use the gmail account option as suggested?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:17 AM   #4
Oldpilot
Groupie
Oldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with others

Device: Kindle
I regularly send html files to free.kindle.com; they have to be double-zipped. Dunno how this applies to a *.prc file, which I assume is what you're sending. Indeed, a *.prc file is what I get back from Amazon from my double-zipped html file!

You might ask this question on the Amazon DTP forums:

http://forums.digitaltextplatform.com/dtpforums/
Oldpilot is offline   Reply With Quote