Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-10-2014, 01:01 PM   #1
JRO
JRO began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle on Huawei
Table columns merging when converting from epub to mobi

I am creating a Mobi e-book to be viewed on Kindle.

When I view my mobi file in Kindle on my PC after converting it from a checked Epub in Sigil and using Calibre to create the mobi file from the epub file, the tables in the e-book that should have 3 to 4 columns with borders are now merged into a one column table with a border.

How can I solve this?

I am using Calibre 1.48
JRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:30 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Under conversion options ==> Look and feel
Uncheck Linearize tables.

I would suggest leaving it alone on account of no ereaders really support tables very well.

Last edited by eschwartz; 08-10-2014 at 11:47 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:31 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Convert to azw3 instead. The mobi format has very poor support for tables.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
columns, mobi, tables