Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-13-2016, 05:52 PM   #1
DavidTC
Connoisseur
DavidTC began at the beginning.

Device: Nook, Boox C67ML
Just broke my second Boox C67ML

So I bought a Boox C67ML and got it approximately last Nov. (And managed to screw up the firmware for a few weeks but got that straightened out.)

Then I broke the screen. Okay, it wasn't in a case, and I sat on it. Fair enough, my bad. I buy another.

And this one comes with a case, so, good, I put it in that case.

I flip open the case just a few minutes ago...and it's got a crack in the corner of the glass. Which I could live with, except it's apparently broken at least half of the touch sensing.

And the only stuff I did to it since yesterday was...have it in my pocket. Didn't take any hits, didn't do anything.

Grant total of time I have actually used these things is probably eight months, with shipping and software problems I caused. Broke two of them. That is absurd.

So my question is: Is there a *sturdier* Boox out there, or do I need to start looking for another brand? My requirements are a roughly six inch screen, eink of course, and a somewhat accessible root on a modern-ish Android. (4 or later.)
DavidTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 11:22 PM   #2
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=273291

Coming soon.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 01:04 AM   #3
DavidTC
Connoisseur
DavidTC began at the beginning.

Device: Nook, Boox C67ML
Well, that looks interesting...but appears to have no release date? Is there some sort of clue I'm missing? It says '~2016.5 COMING SOON~', does that mean *May* 2016? As in, right now? (I've never seen any date of the form '2016.5'. I know sometimes dates are yyyy-mm-dd, but yyyy.m? Huh?)

Also, I know I said at least Android 4...but why is a *new* device coming out with that? That seems dumb. I mean, I can live with it, but it seems dumb.

But Bluetooth would be nice, I find myself completely baffled by ereaders that come with headphone jacks and not bluetooth. I mean, I don't listen to any audio using them currently (My phone is perfectly fine at that...and, yes, if I wanted to listen to audio books I'd *still* use my phone.), but if I was going to listen to audio, it would be via bluetooth. I don't even *own* a wired headset.

Also, I'm hopeful they fix C67ML's totally idiotic partition setup, where to install almost anything, you had to get something like App2SD.
DavidTC is offline   Reply With Quote