Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-21-2010, 06:08 PM   #1
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Calibre GUI behavior between machines

I have Calibre 7.15 installed on my desktop (Windows 7) and my netbook/tablet (also Windows 7) I have it set up so that the netbook accesses the Calibre Librar(ies) stored on my desktop.
When I make changes to the Calibre GUI (columns, etc.) on the netbook, those same changes show up in the Calibre install on the desktop.
Here's the problem. The netbook has a much smaller screen than my desktop monitor, so I'd like to be able to manipulate the GUI of each install separately. I'm gathering this information is somehow stored in the Calibre Library, though, and is therefore not able to be manipulated separately on the separate machines?
This really isn't a big deal, it just sort of caught me by surprise.
If I have to, I can make separate Calibre Libraries for each machine, store both on the desktop (more room there, which is why I have it set up this way in the first place) and point the netbook to the Libraries with the stripped down GUI. I'd prefer not to though, since doing it this way makes sure both machines are synced all the time.

Last edited by phenomshel; 08-21-2010 at 06:11 PM. Reason: added something
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 06:21 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
column layout is stored per library.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2010, 06:28 PM   #3
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Thanks, Kovid, that's what I thought. I guess what I will do is move the columns around so that the essential information I need on the netbook will be visible on that small screen, (the other columns I'll need to scroll sideways to get to, which isn't a problem), but all of it will show up on the bigger monitor.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote