Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-15-2010, 08:30 PM   #16
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
I'm the guy who reported GraceKrispy to the proper authorities.

I'm New York City's official greeter.
Youse got a farkin' problem wit' dat?
recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:38 PM   #17
hrickh
Enthusiast
hrickh began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia N800, EeePC 4G Surf
Was a systems administrator for 18 years. Then became a freelance translator six years ago.

Never say never, i suppose, but I really would not want to go back into my old career after working as a freelancer.

R.
==
hrickh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2010, 09:49 PM   #18
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I have a sugar mama
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:11 PM   #19
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Retired. Even though I have a B.S. in Psychology, I worked most of my 32 years in at a company in warehousing until I was forced into early retirement. I worked third shift at a convenience store for 5 1/2 years to supplement my pension then retired for keeps when I got fed up with the B.S. there.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:33 PM   #20
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Retired, ex-IT background, last job as "IT Project Manager", though in a four-person company that was ostensibly the bureau for fifty financial organisations, titles were loose descriptors (I did systems administration, support, purchasing, et cetera). Now retired though, as mentioned, and never want to see that stuff again (20 years and some final bad blood was enough for me, thanks).

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2010, 03:30 AM   #21
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
I work with intellectually disabled people and I'm currently supporting 3 men living in a shared house in the community.

I can't wait till I can retire... Another 4 years to go.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:42 AM   #22
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
I'm an educator. I mold the future. I work to ensure students' success in both the academic and social-emotional realms. I touch children. Wait, what?
This is so well written that I am going to copy it. (Grace you get an A+)

I'm an educator. I mold the future. I work to ensure students' survival in their professional life.
Their success in the social-emotional realm is a bad joke.
Of course if the starting point is on the inferior bound, any random walk has a chance to move them up, if they do not bust before. Conversely if they have been on a downslope for a sufficient long time they will just accelerate toward their fate.
They have been so badly compromised by the colleagues of GraceKrispy, among others, that even a miracle would not help them, not to have success, but at least to pretend that they are human.
I would not touch most of them with a 10 ft pole.
I avoid touching the one that might be touchable, because of rules of conduit and legal consequences.
Not children but grown up (a figure of language).

Money is good
And I have of my own
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:27 AM   #23
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Too many retired people here!

I'm a software developer, web applications (not to be confused by web sites), Microsoft based. Right now I'm detached to a publisher of schoolbooks and other study materials.

I'm the one that has to try to get the designs made by web designers into actual working applications...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:36 AM   #24
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
I work the underwear aisle at the local Walmart.
I thought this thread was about what we do for a living, not what we do in our spare time...
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:47 AM   #25
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Nicely Happy-T and TGS. You both merit golden cups for this exchange. What size would you prefer, HT? Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:18 AM   #26
Mitchi
C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER
Mitchi will become famous soon enoughMitchi will become famous soon enoughMitchi will become famous soon enoughMitchi will become famous soon enoughMitchi will become famous soon enoughMitchi will become famous soon enough

Device: Jetbook Lite, Droid Eris
I'm a student of Life and fulltime Babysitter to a military man. Currently not employed after always working as a cashier since I was able to work, since I won't be -here- for that much longer. What? You have less obligations when you're young. When I finish school i know for sure I'll be working my ass off, so for now, at least, I'm just chillin.
Mitchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:40 AM   #27
roger the rabbit
Addict
roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T3, 650 Black, 505, Kobo Glo HD Aura ONE
Me! absolutely nothing! other than what pleases me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Your turn will come, whether you like it or not!!!
roger the rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:44 AM   #28
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post

Well someone has to represent the 'older' generation from you whippersnappers !!!!!!

[As my first post here was a little short, I'll add that I was a Weather Forecaster (mainly marine), circumstances encouraged an early retirement at 53!]
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:54 AM   #29
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Well someone has to represent the 'older' generation from you whippersnappers !!!!!!

[As my first post here was a little short, I'll add that I was a Weather Forecaster (mainly marine), circumstances encouraged an early retirement at 53!]
hmm, retirement for me will probably only come when I'm too far gone to notice it... Next year 67, the year after 70...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:02 AM   #30
captkjaneway
Cockney Sci-Fi Geek!
captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Tab S 8.4", Samsung S6 Edge
Facilities Manager - look after 14 buildings/part buildings across London and a couple in Essex. Responsible for managing the maintenance, cleaning and security, as well as ensuring everything is legally and health and safety compliant. Never a dull day.....overflowing toilets, rat infestations, lift entrapments......
captkjaneway is offline   Reply With Quote