Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 07-22-2009, 09:54 AM   #1
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
First Toronto (Canada) MobileRead Meetup, 15 August, 2009

We are very excited to announce that the first Toronto (Canada) Meetup will be held on the 15th of August !

According to MobileRead member nrapallo, "It will be a gathering to see the latest gadgetry (e-ink in all its glory) as well as those tried and true legacy ebook readers (what started it all...) and some in-between attempts...

So, mark it in your day planners, bring your ebook reader and come join us for some lively discussions (Did someone say DRM?...) and general friendliness attributed to Torontonians the world over... "

Sounds like a don't miss occasion to us ! So clear your calendar and charge up your gadgets, and enjoy a bagel for us !

Here are the important details :

DATE: Saturday August 15th, 2009
TIME: Starts from 1:00pm (Hey, it's lunchtime!)
PLACE: What A Bagel (Google Maps) (Parking Info)
2275 Yonge Street,
Toronto, ON M4P 2C6
(416) 489-2166

Leave a message to say you'll be there and get more information in this thread.

update : thanks to Verencat, you can all also RSVP on the new and shiny MobileRead Facebook page here !

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 07-22-2009 at 10:45 AM.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:23 AM   #2
lance_
lance_ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lance_ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lance_ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lance_ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: FoxIt eSlick

Thanks for planning this out, I'll be there!
lance_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2009, 09:35 AM   #3
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by lance_ View Post

Thanks for planning this out, I'll be there!
Great, I placed you on the confirmed list in the main Meet-up thread here.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:25 AM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Add me as a maybe (and toss the wife in there too). AI am though a bit of a luddite; I still read eBooks on my Palm-TX; not one of these new sexy dedicated readers

Oh where oh where have the true PDA's of old gone! I don't want a phone / PDA... Just give me a Calendar / Organizer / eBook reader
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 02:20 PM   #5
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Oh, wheee! I get to be the first Facebook member to confirm. See you all there!

Phil
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2009, 01:08 AM   #6
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Add me as a maybe (and toss the wife in there too). AI am though a bit of a luddite; I still read eBooks on my Palm-TX; not one of these new sexy dedicated readers

Oh where oh where have the true PDA's of old gone! I don't want a phone / PDA... Just give me a Calendar / Organizer / eBook reader
At one time I substituted my Sony Clie's (PDA) for my dedictated ebook reader since I could do a lot more things with PDA's than I could with my REB1100/REB1200.

However, I missed the larger screen, even though I had even used the smallest legible fonts on the PDA's to gain the most words on screen!

So back to the dedicated ebook readers I went, without as much as an mp3 player! At one time, I was seriously looking at the hiebook as THE ebook reader to have since it was a cross between a PDA and ebook reader, but alas the Korean company did not survive long enough to make an impact!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 07:21 AM   #7
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
The meet-up is going to be awesome. My new apartment is right down the street front here, so I am willing to schlep whatever devices I can find (Alphasmart Dana, anyone?) And did I mention that my Sony Reader has flowers on it?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
meet-up, meetup