Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-17-2009, 08:16 AM   #1
Mitchll
Cave Dweller
Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ipad Sony reader prs-505 prs-900
How can I get someone at Fictionwise to respond?

A problem came up last week when I purchased some books. I contacted support and I received the autoreply that someone would get back to me. A week later - no response! Obviously an inability to get the new listings up is not their only problem..No books, no customer support WAY TO GO!

Does anyone have a direct email address, or a telephone number I can use to get someone's attention?
Mitchll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:50 AM   #2
pking36330
FT Parent PT Reader
pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Shocked by how much I've read on an iPod Touch received as a gift!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchll View Post
A problem came up last week when I purchased some books. I contacted support and I received the autoreply that someone would get back to me. A week later - no response!
I had a similar experience about six months ago, they finally responded and provided full satisfaction, but I heard the crickets chirp awhile before they got back to me.
pking36330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2009, 03:13 PM   #3
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
problem

They normally take about 48 hours to reply, I had an issue a few months ago with one of the books I purchased.

Is this a formatting issue?

I had an issue with a Toby Bishop book, it was supposed to be book 1 but it was actually book 2 in the series. It was a problem on the publishers end, but still most annoying.

I believe that fictionwise doesn't have very many employees, or at least they didn't before B&N bought them.
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 03:30 PM   #4
no.guru
Crazy like a
no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350
They're slow. I purchased a subscription through them several weeks ago beginning with an issue which had already been released. I still haven't received it.

This happened before with another subscription I purchased from them. I received two issues when the newest was released.
no.guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 03:41 PM   #5
Mitchll
Cave Dweller
Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
They normally take about 48 hours to reply, I had an issue a few months ago with one of the books I purchased.

Is this a formatting issue?

I had an issue with a Toby Bishop book, it was supposed to be book 1 but it was actually book 2 in the series. It was a problem on the publishers end, but still most annoying.

I believe that fictionwise doesn't have very many employees, or at least they didn't before B&N bought them.
No, its an issue over charges...and it's been over a week!
Advert
Old 06-17-2009, 05:42 PM   #6
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I know I've got some emails back from their customer service people. I'll look (when I get home from work) to see what the email address was. I suspect it was something like "support@fictionwise.com", though.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 05:45 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Give Fictionwise a call and try to get your issue resolved.

Fictionwise, Inc.

346 Main St Ste A, Chatham, NJ 07928-2137

Contact Phone: (973) 701-6770
URL (web address): www.fictionwise.com
Business Category: Electronic Book Retailer in Chatham, NJ
Industry (SIC): Catalog and Mail-Order Houses
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:12 PM   #8
Mitchll
Cave Dweller

Jon

Thanks, I will try calling.

Mitch
Old 06-17-2009, 06:13 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Hope it all works out.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:33 PM   #10
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
When I discovered that the eReader edition of Edith Grossman's translation of Don Quixote was missing all of the footnotes except for the ones in the preface because all of the footnotes in the subsequent chapters pointed to the preface's footnotes, my second attempt to contact them got a quickl response when I referenced the first contact #. Sadly, this is a publisher problem, and HarperCollins still hasn't fixed it after three months.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:28 PM   #11
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I see your note that you're going to call - but in case you're interested, the email address was support@fictionwise.com.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:26 AM   #12
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
I haven't found that emailing the support address has done any good, so far this year. Filling out the form online gets an automated response (so I know their emails get thru - as do all the invoices receipts they send). A response past that point, however, is more challenging.

I asked them about a new book this week - has the same title and description as an existing, but now shows a new cover and new author. I can't believe it is the same book or a complete hoax (cover art is harder to fake), but have no idea what the new book is about.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:32 AM   #13
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
fixing issues

Yeah they have had trouble fixing issues when it comes to books, at least for me. Though I think some of that is a publisher or distrubtor issue, such as the case where the file contained the wrong book.

Was the book you are talking about a Anthology? Those can get listed weirdly.

On of their current errors is Nora Roberts book Black Hills listed in general nonfiction.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:49 AM   #14
Jill74
Banned
Jill74 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jill74 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jill74 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jill74 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jill74 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader 505
i have exactly the same problem. thanks for your comments..

Jill74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:18 AM   #15
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
i am having problems making a payment, so i called the number in this thread. it's during business hours - after 10 am their time - but no one answers nor is there voicemail. i tried it again a few minutes later, but again the phone just rings and rings

so i just sent them an email, but don't feel very hopeful after reading this thread.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote