Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 05-01-2013, 04:32 PM   #1
bookwurm70
Addict
bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: eSlick, Pocketbook IQ, iPad, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE
Fictionwise Book transfer

I still have not received the transfer of my Fictionwise books into my Barnes & Noble Account. I called B & N in April and they said they were running behind they should be sent within the next 10 days.

Well, it is 12 days later and no email from B & N. Are others in the same boat? Has anyone got their Fictionwise books?
bookwurm70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:44 PM   #2
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwurm70 View Post
I still have not received the transfer of my Fictionwise books into my Barnes & Noble Account. I called B & N in April and they said they were running behind they should be sent within the next 10 days.

Well, it is 12 days later and no email from B & N. Are others in the same boat? Has anyone got their Fictionwise books?
I got most of my books back in December, and my eReader.com books in February. I'm still waiting for them to fix my Lord of the Rings omnibus (which turned into just The Two Towers), The Kite Runner, which turned into a graphic novel version, and Hammered, which turned into a prerelease that will become available in 2036. I also have another 30-40 books that are out of print and either aren't in my library, or come up with an error if I try to download them.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2013, 06:36 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwurm70 View Post

You can read more than you probably want to about the trials and tribulations folks have had with B&N and the FW transfer here...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=196844
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:39 AM   #4
ChristopherTD
Addict
ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin Reader on iPad Air (via Calibre)
I registered the day they announced it. Still waiting. Chased it several times with no response. A select few have actually had success, so the process is trundling along, but it's beyond belief that it can still be so sluggish after 6 months!
ChristopherTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:30 AM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I have got my books transferred. That's to a UK account. And I know that some people with a US account have had their books transferred.

I suspect that my transfer happened because I chased it by phone.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #6
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Nope, my books haven't been transferred and other than an initial email about it, haven't heard anything since.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:21 PM   #7
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
After 6 months I did get my books transferred. However they ignored the email address I updated on my Fictionwise account and moved the books to an old email address. So my books got transferred, but I still can't access them since my nook is set up on a different email. I called to ask about merging them into my actual B&N account and they politely refused. So for me the entire Fictionwise transfer was a frustrating fiasco.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:26 AM   #8
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by aagstn View Post
After 6 months I did get my books transferred. However they ignored the email address I updated on my Fictionwise account and moved the books to an old email address. So my books got transferred, but I still can't access them since my nook is set up on a different email. I called to ask about merging them into my actual B&N account and they politely refused. So for me the entire Fictionwise transfer was a frustrating fiasco.
Just use Nook for PC to download the books from the old account. Then you can sideload them to your Nook.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #9
melchioe
Addicted
melchioe began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Nooks, PRS-505, Kindles, lots of old ones
Fictionwise book transfer fail

I have purchased 160+ books through eReader, 60+ through Fictionwise, and another 50+ through eBookWise (270+ in total). None have ever transferred to my Nook account or devices.

In November 2012, I got the initial email. On December 6, 2012, I got the access code, and redeemed it online. I got the message: "Items are being added to your library. Your access code is being redeemed, and your items will be available in your library shortly."

In February, I started calling. I have called 21 times (each call is logged in my journal, along with agent name and the name of the supervisor that I inevitably get transferred to. Their responses include:
  • telling me they'll send me a new access code, resulting in the exact same access code being sent again (6 times, and each time, I faithfully did what they told me and submitted it, getting the same "items will be available in your library shortly" message)
  • telling me that someone will need to transfer them manually, please wait 10 business days for the transfer to be complete
  • telling me that we need to escalate this to management/Fictionwise/supervisor and we will call you back (no one has ever called me back in the 7 times they told me this)
  • telling me to call the Fictionwise transfer number instead of Digital management, giving me the number of 855-654-9332, and that just happens to be the number I just called - I literally laughed out loud each of the 8 times I was given this circular advice
  • telling me that 110 titles have been redeemed, but I will only be able to see them on an actual Nook device, they will not be listed in my online account or be viewable in my iPad app, my Windows app, my android app, or my Mac app. This is especially odd to me since I had to be logged into my online account to redeem the access code...
  • having me de-register/erase and then re-register my nook device so that the redeemed books will show up - (gee, that didn't work either...)

Does any of this sound familiar? Has anyone gotten to see transferred books in the online library or anything other than the Nook device? Does it make a difference whether it was orginailly purchased on eReader, Fictionwise, or eBookwise?

Oh, and while I didn't check all 270+ books, of the 80+ I did check, not a single one appeared on the "will not transfer" list.
melchioe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #10
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by melchioe View Post
Does any of this sound familiar? Has anyone gotten to see transferred books in the online library or anything other than the Nook device? Does it make a difference whether it was orginailly purchased on eReader, Fictionwise, or eBookwise?
I can see my transferred books on-line, in Nook for Mac (when I can get it to run), in Nook Study for Mac (which seems reliable) and on my nook.

Although only on Nook for Mac and Nook Study have I been able to see all 1300+ items.

On my Nook SimpleTouch GlowLight, I can only see 255 items. That does seem a very suspicious number (2^8-1).
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:28 AM   #11
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Wow, I had totally forgotten about this, until I saw this thread. I have never bought an ebook from B&N and have 1313 books in my account so I guess they transferred everything. :-) Even my Alfred Hitchcock, Analog, etc issues transferred over.

I had no clue how many books I had bought at Fictionwise, but those 60-100% rebates they had at times were unbelievable. I still miss the heyday of FW.
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:43 AM   #12
Mort1997
Wizard
Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony various , Voyage, Oasis, K3, K4T,Nook Glow+Kobo Aura/H2O/One
Just checked my library and found that my fictionwise books have transferred across. It has only taken ~6months (and several phone calls)! Haven't checked my reader or tablet yet to see how they appear as I am not in a Wi-Fi area. Woohoo!
Mort1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:40 PM   #13
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Checked mine again - not there yet.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:48 AM   #14
Kirtai
Addict
Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-650, iPad, Samsung Galaxy SII (JB), Google Nexus 7 (2013)
Still nothing here either.
Kirtai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:00 AM   #15
ChristopherTD
Addict
ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin Reader on iPad Air (via Calibre)
None here either. Even buying 2 £29 Nook Simple Touches failed to trigger it into life.
ChristopherTD is offline   Reply With Quote