Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-15-2023, 09:36 AM   #1
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Really, Kobo?

I got this email:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-07-15 10_35_19-Window.png
Views:	204
Size:	202.9 KB
ID:	202642

I occasionally get them after looking at an eBook on the store - occasionally it's a helpful reminder to wishlist them. But in this case:

a) I already own the book on the Kobo store.
b) It's no longer available in Canada, so I couldn't buy it again if I wanted to.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 07-15-2023 at 09:41 AM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 09:46 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Amazon regularly adverts me with stuff I already have and stuff that doesn't ship to Ireland. Search can mostly have unavailable stuff.
That's generally.

Also mysteriously web page for ebooks I have (and in Content & Devices) sometimes doesn't show I have it.

Or web page for ebooks, paper books or things on wish list can vanish, yet sellers can't get a webpage removed for an unobtainable ebook, paper book or thing.

I never ever get email adverts from Kobo, only confirmation of purchase, or if an ereader shipping info. Actually that's also true for Amazon except sometimes I review and then Amazon sends an email of acceptance.

But Amazon's website, search and price order on Wish List is the most broken place I buy from on the Internet. Kobo's Website & Search seems OK apart from lack of sort on web wishlist.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2023, 09:48 AM   #3
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I believe Kobo only sends them if you enable it in your account settings. I mostly have it on because it emails me about wishlist sales.
Old 07-15-2023, 04:51 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I got this email:

Attachment 202642

I occasionally get them after looking at an eBook on the store - occasionally it's a helpful reminder to wishlist them. But in this case:

b) It's no longer available in Canada, so I couldn't buy it again if I wanted to.

c) https://www.kobo.com/ca/en/ebook/nor-crystal-tears-1

Last edited by JSWolf; 07-15-2023 at 05:04 PM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 04:57 PM   #5
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Oops, I didn't notice I screwed up the link.

Though I just checked in incognito and it came back available for sale at some point in the last few hours. Point a) still applies though.
Advert
Old 07-15-2023, 05:05 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Oops, I didn't notice I screwed up the link.

Though I just checked in incognito and it came back available for sale at some point in the last few hours. Point a) still applies though.
I've read it. It's a good book.
Old 07-15-2023, 05:07 PM   #7
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Amazon regularly adverts me with stuff I already have and stuff that doesn't ship to ...
Yea, I hate that with Amazon!! Recommended books for you, and most of the books they recommend are ones I have already purchased from them. And what is weird is that I never see those books recommended to me until after I have purchased them.
So, I don't really get any meaningful recommendations from them.

Same with movies and tv shows when I used to buy blurays from them many years ago, and those titles seem to be the only ones recommended for me.
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 05:23 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
Yea, I hate that with Amazon!! Recommended books for you, and most of the books they recommend are ones I have already purchased from them. And what is weird is that I never see those books recommended to me until after I have purchased them.
So, I don't really get any meaningful recommendations from them.

Same with movies and tv shows when I used to buy blurays from them many years ago, and those titles seem to be the only ones recommended for me.
I get the occasional saying I might want something and if I go look, it's usually rubbish as well as something I don't want.
Old 07-15-2023, 05:28 PM   #9
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Amazon's "frequently bought together" and "customers also viewed" can occasionally be a good source of amusement though.
Old 07-16-2023, 04:59 AM   #10
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
I got this email:

Attachment 202642

Wow! Even by Kobo's "high" standards, that's pro-level incompetence there
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 05:25 AM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
Wow! Even by Kobo's "high" standards, that's pro-level incompetence there
Did you read that the book is actually available?
Old 07-16-2023, 06:04 AM   #12
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

The book wasn't available when I got the email. And there's still point a).
Old 07-16-2023, 06:18 AM   #13
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
The book wasn't available when I got the email. And there's still point a).
Yeah, I get many emails from Kobo urging me to buy books that I've already bought from them. So nice to feel so valued
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote