Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Which type of post is most likely to push your button?
Someone complaining yet again about the sins of ebook piracy. 11 20.37%
Someone using "Reader" and "eReader" interchangably. 0 0%
Someone complaining that DRM is the most hateful invention ever. 8 14.81%
Someone complaining about people who continually rant about DRM. 7 12.96%
Someone complaining that they've been misled about how PDFs could be read on their new device. 3 5.56%
Someone who is irritated that their "modern" eink device isn't backlit. 14 25.93%
Someone complaining that the fonts on their device are too small to read. 1 1.85%
Someone who has posted yet another stupid, pointless poll. 5 9.26%
Someone condescendingly implying that I'm an idiot for not agreeing with some half-baked idea they haven't thought all the way through themselves. 5 9.26%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-17-2007, 02:08 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Great poll!!
Can you sort the Poll so it can be a multi-choice entry? Only one entry makes it useless.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 02:08 PM   #17
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I love all of these! It's good to see people in such a playful mood. I also see another one I left out: Moderator editing my poll for his/her own amusement.
Actually, it was more for the purpose of venting a bit -- I don't get too many opportunities for that as a moderator.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2007, 02:45 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think I might just have to start a new thread so I can vote.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:20 PM   #19
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Jon, it says "most likely", not "ever." Have you got one or more items at the top of the list that are equally likely to push your buttons?

That being said, my choice isn't here either: Someone unable to respect any point of view other than their own (on any issue).

And reposting about it, ad nauseum, more and more loudly and rudely.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 03:33 PM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

There are a few of them that fit the question.
Advert
Old 12-17-2007, 03:45 PM   #21
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There are a few of them I that fit the question....
Another one: Someone whose post is completely unintelligible but they don't seem to notice or care.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 03:47 PM   #22
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I love all of these! It's good to see people in such a playful mood. I also see another one I left out: Moderator editing my poll for his/her own amusement.

EDIT: We wouldn't do that!
I think it's kinda funny that no one seems to have noticed that I did this.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 04:34 PM   #23
BruceW
Connoisseur
BruceW has learned how to read e-booksBruceW has learned how to read e-booksBruceW has learned how to read e-booksBruceW has learned how to read e-booksBruceW has learned how to read e-booksBruceW has learned how to read e-booksBruceW has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Reader
We noticed we just took note of the source.
BruceW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 07:32 PM   #24
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I think it's kinda funny that no one seems to have noticed that I did this.
Oh, Nate, don't worry. It's just that we didn't want to say anything, being as we're all now scareded of you:

http://icanhascheezburger.com/2007/02/02/beta/

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 11:35 AM   #25
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I find the poll totals interesting. The two categories about DRM combined lead the pack, as I would have expected. But backlit eink complaints are a close second which is a bit of a surprise to me. Apparently you have not heard me rant against ebook piracy enough, yet!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clouds of enlightenment