Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-14-2014, 06:09 PM   #16
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
Edit: Taken back, a quick browse only ended up with a Service Manual PDF...
e, Indeed!
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 05:16 AM   #17
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post
I haven't found a video for replacing the 950 battery.
My apologies. I followed the link from one of the posts in this thread. I thought I was watching the 950 replacement video, but it was actually one for the 650.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 06:41 AM   #18
Mort1997
Wizard
Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony various , Voyage, Oasis, K3, K4T,Nook Glow+Kobo Aura/H2O/One
It is odd that when you look at battery replacement for the Sony especially in terms of the earlier models (I haven't even really thought about the T series) that the PRS-950 seems to be notable by its absence. I guess what I meant by my earlier post was that the nearest similarity in appearance is the PRS650 and certainly when either one of my 950s becomes an expensive paperweight I will give it a go but at the moment they both work well so I don't want to jeopardise this.

NewPower99, as a company, seem to have a lot experience in this field and looking around the website for certain models of the Sony reader there does seem to be an option to send your device for a set fee for battery replacement. As for a PRS950 battery - you could always ask - the worse thing that could happen is they say - sorry can't help.
Mort1997 is offline   Reply With Quote