Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 01-25-2008, 03:22 AM   #1
ragdoll
Connoisseur
ragdoll began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad V1
iLiad and ad hoc wireless connection

I'm trying to connect the iLiad directly to my computer using wireless connection. I set the connection as ad hoc and tried with and without Internet Connection Sharing but it never works. I already wirelessly updated my iLiad to 2.11 and downloaded developer package, so I'm sure wireless works.
I think there is a problem with IP address assignment, because the net is completely unprotected and I already created a profile on the iLiad.
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:45 AM   #2
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Ad hoc connections are not working out of the box.

I dont know, if you can somehow initialize them with enough linux knowledge.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2008, 03:52 AM   #3
ragdoll
Connoisseur

Using
wireless.sh start <ssid>
still doesn't work
Old 01-25-2008, 11:08 AM   #4
serge
Enthusiast
serge has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iRex iLiad
I am using these scripts: "User Friendly Wireless Network Management", which I think are the best I could find on this forum so far. Sometimes it takes two or more unsuccessful attempts before a connection is established. I suspect that iliad's scripts time out before WPA authentication is completed. But after several tries it does connect and the above scripts list the IP address obtained via DHCP in the contentlister.

Last edited by serge; 01-25-2008 at 11:11 AM.
serge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:35 AM   #5
ragdoll
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge View Post
I am using these scripts: "User Friendly Wireless Network Management", which I think are the best I could find on this forum so far. Sometimes it takes two or more unsuccessful attempts before a connection is established. I suspect that iliad's scripts time out before WPA authentication is completed. But after several tries it does connect and the above scripts list the IP address obtained via DHCP in the contentlister.
Thank you, the scripts work, but not to connect to an ad hoc network.
I need to connect the iLiad to my PC without the need of a wifi access point.
The only solution I see is to create an ad hoc wifi network on my PC and connect the iLiad to it, but this doesn't work.
Advert
Old 01-27-2008, 11:57 AM   #6
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I have never used it, but there is a standard wired ethernet port on the travel hub.

If you have to be wireless where there are no routers, a small "travel" router costs $50-$100. Try searching (e.g. on Amazon.com) for "travel wifi router". Sometimes you have to throw hardware at a problem.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 02:18 PM   #7
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Read here:
http://forum.irexnet.com/viewtopic.p...ighlight=adhoc
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 04:32 AM   #8
ragdoll
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble View Post
I tried it but it doesn't work. wireless.sh scan finds the ad-hoc connection. Then I set mode to ad-hoc using iwconfig, but when I try to connect it fails.