Darkuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:08 AM   #62
Noritje
Enthusiast
Noritje began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 300, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You would be charged UK VAT, of course, but you wouldn't pay any additional tax to send it to the Netherlands.
Oh yes, sorry.. that was what I meant; I won't be taxed again once it arrived here in NL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer
At the moment a PW2 plus shipping and tax is about €152, only €13 more than on Amazon.de. However, I'm also concerned about defects, if there are screen problems I wouldn't want to have to send it back to the US (even if Amazon refunds the shipping costs).
The calculated amount if ordering from Amazon.com --> NL (inclusive shipping + estimated tax) is around €152

Buying from Amazon.co.uk and post to a friend will be £109 + ship to NL by the said friend (£12) = €145
(buying from .de is the same, we still need to post it to DE address).

Waterstones in NL - €179

Option 1 and 2 is not too much different in terms of pricing but indeed, I am also worried about the return. *argh* I hope amazon has one with .nl soon. *eyes rolling*

PS: €179 is PW1 price at Waterstones, back in Jun 2013. They will not exchange if you think the screen is not to your liking though... unless it is defect (as in like cannot be used). I asked the guy there myself since I heard so many blotchy screen issues.
Noritje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:22 AM   #63
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkuul View Post
Same here :P hang in there!
Well at least you guys have that, mine still has not updated with a s/n or shipping status.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:36 AM   #64
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Mine says, "Shipping Now," but no serial number yet. Credit card shows the amount as "Pending."

Last edited by sirmaru; 09-30-2013 at 09:38 AM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:42 AM   #65
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Shipped...arrival expected by 8pm local time 10/2. (it's xmas early for my wife!)

Last edited by GoSharks; 09-30-2013 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Needed some fanfare!!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:43 AM   #66
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
Shipped...arrival expected by 8pm local time 10/2. (it's xmas early for my wife!)
Nice! Glad yours shipped!

Mine still says shipping now and no s/n.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:48 AM   #67
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Nice! Glad yours shipped!

Mine still says shipping now and no s/n.
E-mail notice was sent 4:30 AM local. I'm guessing there's going to be a lot of activity here soon....
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:01 AM   #68
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
E-mail notice was sent 4:30 AM local. I'm guessing there's going to be a lot of activity here soon....
I think so too! I have noticed for my Amazon Prime one day packages Amazon can sometimes wait till mid afternoon to ship them so I'm not too surprised mine hasn't shipped. Hopefully soon though!
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:16 AM   #69
Ocicat
Groupie
Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Librie,PRS900,950,K4, KT, PW1&2, KV
Bug on Amazon shipment software and my shipping date changed from Oct 2nd to 3rd.

I had applied Amazon Visa rewards points of $8.75 to my pre-order.

Last night, I placed another order, a footstool, and Amazon tried to again apply those reward points.

Somehow, it put a HOLD on my prior PW2 pre-order.

This morning I had to re-apply my Visa card to pass payment thru again, which changed my shipping date.

Right away I called CS, Mike F. was very pleasant, will report the bug, but could not fix the new shipping date, gave me $5 promotion <sigh> <sigh>.
And my $8.75 points which had totally disappeared from both orders is back on my account, un-applied.

Oh, Mike mentionned that they are now OUT OF STOCK on PW2, will get more on the 10th.

Last edited by Ocicat; 09-30-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Ocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:38 AM   #70
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocicat View Post
Bug on Amazon shipment software and my shipping date changed from Oct 2nd to 3rd.

I had applied Amazon Visa rewards points of $8.75 to my pre-order.

Last night, I placed another order, a footstool, and Amazon tried to again apply those reward points.

Somehow, it put a HOLD on my prior PW2 pre-order.

This morning I had to re-apply my Visa card to pass payment thru again, which changed my shipping date.

Right away I called CS, Mike F. was very pleasant, will report the bug, but could not fix the new shipping date, gave me $5 promotion <sigh> <sigh>.
And my $8.75 points which had totally disappeared from both orders is back on my account, un-applied.

Oh, Mike mentionned that they are now OUT OF STOCK on PW2, will get more on the 10th.
oh bummer.. ! But it only is a delay of 1 day...

Here in Europe we are watching this thread with great anticipation. I wish you all the best with your PW2.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:48 AM   #71
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Mine updated to "Preparing for Payment", never saw that one before...
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:02 AM   #72
Ocicat
Groupie
Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
oh bummer.. ! But it only is a delay of 1 day...

Here in Europe we are watching this thread with great anticipation. I wish you all the best with your PW2.
You're so right! My pre-order could have fallen in the out-of-stock.
The CS rep thought I was upset about the points which disappeared, I kept telling him it was the changed shipping date that was the problem, lol!

Good news is that my footstool has shipped.

Europe's shipping date is from the 9th, does your pre-order gives you a date?
Old 09-30-2013, 11:04 AM   #73
Ocicat
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
Mine updated to "Preparing for Payment", never saw that one before...
Never saw that one either, mine is "Preparing for shipment", thanks to the snafu with rewards points.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:11 AM   #74
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Mine has shipped and will be delivered tomorrow, Oct. 1, according to the tracking info. One day delivery with 2-day Prime as my selection. Nice!
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:18 AM   #75
Don Quixote
Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Shipped via USPS and serial# applied. Hopefully will get it tomorrow.
Don Quixote is offline   Reply With Quote