Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-14-2009, 01:14 PM   #1
walterwerner
walterwerner began at the beginning.

Device: none
Slot for Stylus Pen

Hi,

i plan to buy an iRex DR 1000S very soon. Just 1 Question to go.
Does the Reader Housing contain a slot for the stylus pen, like most (every) PDA has or how can i carry the pen for traveling?

Best Regards
Walter
walterwerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 01:19 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The stylus supplied with the machine fits into a slot on the side, just like a PDA.

However, it's a lot better to buy a better stylus, one like a normal pen. It you do that, there's an elasticated loop for it in the iRex "flip cover", and I'd imagine that the other covers have something similar.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2009, 01:34 PM   #3
walterwerner

I thought the iRex DR1000S work only with the included pen, but good to know if other will do the job too.
You have any advices for a better stylus pen?
Old 07-14-2009, 02:35 PM   #4
PhishStyx
The me that I am
PhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1 & DR 1000s
Quote:
Originally Posted by walterwerner View Post
I thought the iRex DR1000S work only with the included pen, but good to know if other will do the job too.
You have any advices for a better stylus pen?
The iRex shop site has other stylus (stylii? styluses? stylai?? hrm.) available that work with the DR. I would recommend the Advanced stylus or the Professional stylus with the Advanced stylus probably being your best deal.
PhishStyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 02:43 PM   #5
walterwerner

Thanks for the Info.
Advert
Old 07-14-2009, 03:51 PM   #6
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Just so you know, not every WACOM stylus is compatible with the DR1000 (or iLiad). WACOM has a couple different types of stylus that they sell. If you want to get something from them other than what iRex sells, I believe you want to look for the "Penabled technology" products from WACOM. Those are the only ones, as far as I know, that will work.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:30 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhishStyx View Post
The iRex shop site has other stylus (stylii? styluses? stylai?? hrm.) available that work with the DR. I would recommend the Advanced stylus or the Professional stylus with the Advanced stylus probably being your best deal.
I have the "Advanced" stylus. It works very nicely. It "feels" just like a normal pen, whereas the standard stylus is too thin for my fingers to hold comfortably.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:19 AM   #8
PhishStyx
The me that I am
PhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I have the "Advanced" stylus. It works very nicely. It "feels" just like a normal pen, whereas the standard stylus is too thin for my fingers to hold comfortably.
Right, I have Professional stylus and feel that I probably would have done just as well with the Advanced. As I recall, the major difference is that the Professional is slightly larger in diameter (by 2mm). Nonetheless, the Professional is quite nice.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:07 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I believe that the Professional has an "eraser" on it too, which the DR can't currently use, but may be able to in the future.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:17 AM   #10
PhishStyx
The me that I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I believe that the Professional has an "eraser" on it too, which the DR can't currently use, but may be able to in the future.
Yeah, the product entry says that, but it doesn't that I have found. It does have a click button on the side, and I've never determined what that's for because it doesn't appear to do anything.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:39 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

The Advanced has the side button too which, again, appears to do nothing.