Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-27-2010, 04:33 PM   #1
Eldrod
Eldrod began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Possible to Disable Device Detection?

I have my Nook on Calibre but my iPhone usually charges on the same computer via USB. I noticed yesterday that a couple of my news feeds got loaded to my iPhone (the Nook had been disconnected).

I like to leave Calibre up and running so the news feeds are always updated, but the Nook connects and disconnects as I use it. I didn't want anything loading onto the iPhone.

Is there a Preference Setting to tell Calibre to ignore the iPhone if it sees it?
Eldrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:35 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
preferences->plugins->device interface plugins and disable the apple plugin
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2010, 04:36 PM   #3
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
See this thread for instructions on disabling the Apple device driver.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 10:04 AM   #4
Eldrod
Eldrod began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Kovid, That was just what I needed. I had seen that option and thought that might be what I needed to disable but wasn't sure. Thanks for the quick reply!
Eldrod is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
device detection, ignore, iphone