Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-24-2009, 11:31 AM   #1
persiphone
Enthusiast
persiphone began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
"do you want to fix removable disc" vista and my ebook reader

I have a Sony PRS-505 and I just now plugged it in to charge it on my laptop with Vista and it keeps popping up saying "do you want to fix removable disc" over and over and over and over, if I hit scan to fix it says "the disc check can not be performed because Windows cannot access the disc" then i get an Explorer.exe error that says the same thing. In "My Computer" the drive keeps popping up and then going away. Anyone had this same problem or know what I can do to get rid of it, oh and I don't have any memory cards in my ebook reader at this time.

Thanks
Persiphone
persiphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:13 PM   #2
persiphone
Enthusiast

ok i was told it was something to do with vista and the usb, however sony told me to just reset my ebook reader and that did not solve it. any ideas guys, also when i mount it to the laptop it just keeps popping up over and over and generating drive after drive after drive, I eventually have to unplug the reader to get it to stop and then close out all the windows
Advert
Old 04-24-2009, 02:23 PM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I use Vista without probs. I'm certainly not the expert, but my first thought would be to open the library software and make sure I'm upgraded. Have you tried that yet?

EDIT: I might try unplugging the 505 before downloading any upgrades. Then re-plug it and see what happens.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:27 PM   #4
persiphone
Enthusiast

thank you for your reply I am upgraded, it has something to do with the USB and Vista's Scan and Fix popup, I just don't know what to do to it to make it quit, I can't hook it up to my laptop at all without it popping up a million windows and making drive letters for each one. It's works fine on the XP but that is my work computer, the Vista is my main. It has never done this before so it's really wierd.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:35 PM   #5
persiphone
Enthusiast

Alrighty, this problem kept happening and happening. Basically I would plug my Ebook reader in via USB and it would keep popping up Removable Storage windows drive F then drop off "My Computer" list and kept doing this over and over adding more and more windows to my task bar. It would keep adding windows until I unplugged it from USB. I tried everything, reinstalling, reauthorizing and reformatting everything. And it came down to this....USB cable...wrong stupid USB cable. So, if you have any stupid wierd problems like this...try a different USB cable lol.
Advert
Old 04-29-2009, 12:06 AM   #6
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Just got home and saw your post. Glad you got it fixed.
I did something like this a while back with a Tom Tom GPS. Now, I have labels on all my cords
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote