Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 08-07-2011, 05:43 PM   #16
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnseeking View Post
I set a test alarm to try it out (while listening to a podcast through headphones) with the option to "escalate the alarm" volume. The alarm screen showed up, but I never heard an alarm (speaker OR headphones) and since then the only sounds I get from my speaker is a static-electrical POP sound when I remove my headphone plug or when my PE wakes up or goes to sleep.
Sorry if I didn't understand the above. I read that as you were listening on headphones and when the alarm went off it shut down all sound (speaker OR headphones).
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:49 PM   #17
attemptress
Enthusiast
attemptress began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PE
Hello, everyone!

I had this problem a while back. When you say that you tried the Google Voice/SipDroid thing from "the other thread," do you mean the archived Entourage forum? In either case, I've got a couple of suggestions.

1. Check to be sure you haven't inadvertently placed your device into "silent mode." To do this, go to Settings>Sounds, then make sure the box next to "Silent mode" is unchecked.

2. (This is what fixed it for me . . . although I don't fully understand why) If you've set up your PE to take incoming VoIP calls, call the number you've assinged to the PE. When the screen shows that you've got an incoming call, answer it. "Talk" for a bit. "Hang up." My sound came back after that, and I haven't had a problem since then.

Good luck.
attemptress is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2011, 11:24 PM   #18
mokel22
Zealot
mokel22 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by attemptress View Post

When you say that you tried the Google Voice/SipDroid thing from "the other thread," do you mean the archived Entourage forum? In either case, I've got a couple of suggestions.
The google voice/sipdroid was to get voip calling for free, the mere fact that getting voip calling was also the answer to the sound problem was an awesome coincidence.
mokel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:37 PM   #19
DarthClem
DarthClem began at the beginning.

Device: none
Okay, I could use a little help here as I have the same issue (sound through headphones, but no sound through speaker). I installed TruPhone and used it to call my cell phone, but I still am not getting sound from my speaker. If any of you could share specific steps for how you fixed your problem, I'd be EXTREMELY gratful.
DarthClem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 03:20 AM   #20
johnseeking
keeper of the cheese
johnseeking began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet (mine), 2nd Gen Kindle 3G (wife's), Literati (kids')
Once I installed TruPhone, I tried having it "echo call" or whatever the suggested option was called, and there was an onscreen speaker icon... I think... it's been a while, and I've put it all behind me.

See the back-and-forth between myself and mokel on the first page of this thread. I wish I could do more to help. Good luck!
johnseeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2011, 11:13 AM   #21
DarthClem

I've tried TruPhone twice without joy. I don't see any "echo call" option or speakerphone icon on the screen. Are you sure you got your results with TruPhone as opposed to one of the other suggested VOIP apps?

I've tried looking for a thread with the instructions, but I see a couple. It looks like the conversation went in a couple of different directions. If anyone could link me to the specific instructions, I'd be quite thankful. This speaker thing is really bumming me out.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:19 PM   #22
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I thought the idea was to get the number for your eDGe, then try to call it from another device. I could be way off, just recollecting . . .

Hope you get it!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:26 AM   #23
johnseeking
keeper of the cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthClem View Post
I've tried TruPhone twice without joy. I don't see any "echo call" option or speakerphone icon on the screen. Are you sure you got your results with TruPhone as opposed to one of the other suggested VOIP apps?
No, I'm not sure about anything. It was a traumatic evening, and I've mentally blocked most of it out.

Can you tell us what you were doing when your sound went out?
Old 08-28-2011, 10:37 AM   #24
DarthClem

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnseeking View Post
Can you tell us what you were doing when your sound went out?
My PE had been sitting on my nightstand for probably 2 weeks. Prior to this, I had played the game Alchemy and had sound at that point. On Friday, I went through the Link2SD process and also downloaded SoundHound from the Amazon app store. It was when I went to run SoundHound that I noticed I wasn't getting sound out of the speaker.

I've also noticed that when I bring my PE out of hybernation, the speaker still makes a little click (like the speaker is waking up).
Old 09-01-2011, 06:24 PM   #25
DarthClem

I tried installing and using Nettalk to see if that would fix my lack of sound issue. Still no joy. However, I am still convinced this is a software issue, because when I hooked it up to my PC with a USB cable and then turned off USB on my PE, the speaker made a beep. A little later, I put an unformatted SD card into the PE and it made a beep.

Any more ideas out there?
Old 09-01-2011, 08:03 PM   #26
johnseeking
keeper of the cheese

The only suggestion I would offer at this point would be to email the developer of SoundHound. Explain what happened, link them to this thread, and keep your fingers crossed. Sorry we couldn't be more help, Clem. Good luck.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:53 PM   #27
attemptress
Enthusiast
attemptress began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PE
To see a bunch of workable instructions for getting VoIP to work on the Edge, check out the archived forums from the original Entourage site. There a few good solutions. I used CSipSimple and a free number (I think the one I got from CallCentric, but it could be IPComms). Once I set it up, dialed my "phone," and answered it, the speaker problem went away. This was several months ago. I recommend you check out the old forums.

Good luck.
attemptress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:22 AM   #28
songoffire
songoffire began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
Question Please help!

I know this is an old thread, but I have the same issue with my pocket edge (no sound through internal speakers, bluetooth and headphone jack audio works fine). I have tried the CSipSimple solution as well as a number of other VIOP / SIP combinations, but none of these have resolved the issue. I even performed a golden update to try and rule out potential configuration issues. I am really hoping this is not hardware, does anyone have any suggestions?

Is there a software override command which forces android to use internal speakers (or internal and external simultaneously)?

If this is a hardware issue, is there any chance of resolving it physically by probing the audio jack or possibly replacing the jack?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
songoffire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:16 AM   #29
dazzyk
dazzyk began at the beginning.

Songoffire,

I do not know if this helps, but...

I got a used pocket edge about a week or so ago and I installed GrooveIP Lite on it. After following the setup instructions for it and my google voice account, I was able to make and receive VOIP calls using the pocket edge. The sounds works fine through the built in speakers/mic or if I use a headset. No SIP combination was required. My pocket edge has the allmine golden update running.

If you are in a location where google voice allows free long distance calls and have not already tried it, it might be worth a shot since GrooveIP Lite is free.
dazzyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:49 PM   #30
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Lightbulb Sound - Disabled, Or not?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by songoffire View Post
I know this is an old thread, but I have the same issue with my pocket edge (no sound through internal speakers, bluetooth and headphone jack audio works fine). Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Sound - Disabled, Or not.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote