Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-05-2010, 12:31 PM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Are eBooks for sale at Midnight?

So I'm going to get the new Stephen King that comes out on the 9th, and was wondering if I could purchase the book at midnight on Monday (into Tuesday), and have it before the stores open at 10am?

Anyone had any experience with it?
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:57 PM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
It depends on the eBookstore you buy from, but in general, my experience has been YES at the Sony & B&N sites.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2010, 01:49 PM   #3
KarenH
Addict
KarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five words

Device: K3
I live in the Pacific timezone, and I've had books that I was looking for available anywhere from midnight my time to as early as 9:00 PM - midnight in the Eastern timezone. I don't know what criteria is used to determine the release time, but every time I've looked, the book I've been looking for is available at or before midnight.
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:01 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Can you not "pre-order"?

Amazon lets you pre-order, and its sent to the K as soon as its released......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:09 PM   #5
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
I'm sure I can pre-order, I was just wondering about the actual release being midnight or later. It's not like I have to pre-order for eBooks, they won't sell out I don't think.

I fully intend on getting the HC version, Stephen King is an author that I collect, but the eBook version is what I'll most likely read.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2010, 06:09 PM   #6
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
I really don't know when Barnes pre-orders show up, but I'm pretty sure it is well before bookstore openings. Amazon sends there's out around 2am US Central time. There's nothing better than having your new book with your morning coffee. It is one of the things that I LOVE about my Kindle.

You might try asking on the nook board, somebody there is sure to know.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 12:42 AM   #7
laughingdragons
Groupie
laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350 1 Pink 1 Silver Paperwhite Kindle
I've seen books for sale at midnight pacific on kobo. Sony doesn't do pre-sales
laughingdragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:51 AM   #8
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Can you not "pre-order"?

Amazon lets you pre-order, and its sent to the K as soon as its released......
That is what I do... though in all reality I dont know why since it is not like they are going to run out of them
Not to mention that I leave Wispersync off most of the time so even with a pre-order odds are that I will not get it until I remember to turn it on
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote