Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 05-28-2012, 12:28 AM   #16
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqdancer View Post
Was it this poll ?
Good find.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:23 AM   #17
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqdancer View Post
Was it this poll ?
Yup. The 2011 poll. If you read through all 25 pages it is both amusing and educational, not necessarily/usually in the same post.

I'm quite sure at least 10 of those Americans voted late. The Canadians, of course, voted early and often, as is our tradition.

On second thought, I'm not sure that poll ever closed. Any new Canadian members want to give it a try?
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:45 PM   #18
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
Yup. The 2011 poll. If you read through all 25 pages it is both amusing and educational, not necessarily/usually in the same post.

I'm quite sure at least 10 of those Americans voted late. The Canadians, of course, voted early and often, as is our tradition.

On second thought, I'm not sure that poll ever closed. Any new Canadian members want to give it a try?
I checked out the poll earlier today and was definitely tempted but since it is a 2011 Poll I didn't.

Looks like the voting is still open.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:07 PM   #19
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_pheonix View Post
I checked out the poll earlier today and was definitely tempted but since it is a 2011 Poll I didn't.

Looks like the voting is still open.
Since the poll only allows you to vote once you might as well go ahead and vote.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:15 PM   #20
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Since the poll only allows you to vote once you might as well go ahead and vote.
Thanks. I already did.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:17 PM   #21
Laridae
Addict
Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Blackberry PlayBook, Nexus 4, ChromeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
At this point maybe a Prefix of Playbook in the main More E-book readers forum will allow you to gain a foothold.
I don't know how to do that. I think RIM PlayBook deserves its own Subforum there; and afaik only a Moderator can create one, no? (I tried to create a thread but screwed up the Title and now I can't edit it!)

But it appears a more fundamental problem is that the powers that be don't Want to create a PlayBook discussion area, despite the fact that many lesser-know eReaders/tablets have their own thread?

Or perhaps it's about the definition of an eReader vs a Tablet and where do they converge, I don't know. Colour me paranoid, but the current situation vis-a-vis the PlayBook smacks of suppression and discrimination, which I am at a loss to explain.
Laridae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:46 PM   #22
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I fixed the thread name for you. But you need to understand that we are driven by need not whim. When there is enough demand we will create a forum for this product but no amount of prodding, name calling, etc. by one person will cause the creation of a forum, only demand, not demanding.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:48 AM   #23
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laridae View Post
I don't know how to do that. I think RIM PlayBook deserves its own Subforum there; and afaik only a Moderator can create one, no? (I tried to create a thread but screwed up the Title and now I can't edit it!)

But it appears a more fundamental problem is that the powers that be don't Want to create a PlayBook discussion area, despite the fact that many lesser-know eReaders/tablets have their own thread?

Or perhaps it's about the definition of an eReader vs a Tablet and where do they converge, I don't know. Colour me paranoid, but the current situation vis-a-vis the PlayBook smacks of suppression and discrimination, which I am at a loss to explain.
I only see two people requesting a Playbook subforum. WT Sharpe explained from the beginning that the creation of a subforum requires interest from more forum members. The request for a Spanish subforum had more support but still not enough.

Make a poll, ask from support from the members.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:07 AM   #24
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
In the world of ereaders those other ereaders that have forums are not "lesser-known" they are ereaders that had a large enough following on this site to merit their own sub-forum.

"The powers that be" are more than happy to create a dedicated forum for any ereader as long as there is a large enough community here asking for the forum.

Quote:
Colour me paranoid, but the current situation vis-a-vis the PlayBook smacks of suppression and discrimination, which I am at a loss to explain.
At this point I'll have to color you blind, because the explanation has been stated multiple times in this thread.