Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-15-2010, 11:31 PM   #1
rxmom03
Addict
rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 8, iPad Air, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Clara 2E
Converting rtf to epub

I think I may cry.... I had a question a few days ago about quotation marks, etc not showing up in my files--found out about encoding and found out that ascii worked the best for the files I had. So all was good and I started last night converting books for my iPhone and Stanza.

Well, I am trying to do some more tonight, and Calibre says there is an error in conversion and I am just out of luck (well, maybe I am imagining the last part!)

Anyway, I am trying to convert rtf files to epub. They are fanfics I downloaded from fanfiction.com (if that makes a difference). I could swear that I am using the exact same settings that I used last night. I am using the most current version of Calibre and have tried the few things I know and have no clue where to go from here.

I am going to try to attach my error message--hopefully that will work. Thanks for any help or direction you can give me. I love Calibre and dearly want to make it work.

Mary
Attached Files
File Type: txt Convert book 1 of 2.txt (3.5 KB, 394 views)
rxmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 12:09 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxmom03 View Post
Well, I am trying to do some more tonight, and Calibre says there is an error in conversion and I am just out of luck (well, maybe I am imagining the last part!)

I am going to try to attach my error message--hopefully that will work. Thanks for any help or direction you can give me. I love Calibre and dearly want to make it work.

Mary
The last time I saw someone with a similar error opening the file in Wordpad then saving it without changing anything fixed the file and the error on conversion went away. That person ended up doing a mass conversion using ABCText Converter.

If that doesn't work attach one of the files and we can take a look.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2010, 11:56 PM   #3
rxmom03
Addict
rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 8, iPad Air, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Clara 2E
This works--thanks so much!

Mary
rxmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote