Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-24-2010, 02:34 AM   #31
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
The early pages might have a touch of the gung-ho Lad-lit about them, Ficbot. As you get deeper in, though (I guess as Nick settled into this marathon job and found his way), I was surprised and pleased to find some very gentle and touching passages and musings along the way. I assure you, he does full justics to the women and children in his life. Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 04:37 AM   #32
bear4hunter
Addict
bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle 3 & DX Graphite, PocketBook 302 & Pro 603
BTW, price for Europeans is USD 4.59
Now, is amazon the only earning from the USD 2.60 difference? Or do the authors get some of it as well?
bear4hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 06:38 AM   #33
NickSpalding
Addict
NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
The early pages might have a touch of the gung-ho Lad-lit about them, Ficbot. As you get deeper in, though (I guess as Nick settled into this marathon job and found his way), I was surprised and pleased to find some very gentle and touching passages and musings along the way. I assure you, he does full justics to the women and children in his life. Cheers. Neil
Funny you should mention that...I ran the book by Sophie before putting out (I know which side my bread is buttered) thinking she might object to some of the content. I didn't expect her to start crying when she read the chapter about Tom...

So I guess Spalding can write 'soft stuff' when it's required
NickSpalding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 06:40 AM   #34
NickSpalding
Addict
NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh...and just in case I haven't pimped the new blog enough yet:

Please check out Spalding's Racket...my new blog dedicated to promoting indie authors and their books
Old 08-08-2010, 02:24 PM   #35
NickSpalding
Addict

Life ... With No Breaks - Second Edition. Now with added killer hedgehogs!

Life … with No Breaks is now re-published in a second edition at:

Amazon US ($2.99) Amazon UK (£2.21) Smashwords ($2.99)

Updated and edited to a professional standard

About the book:

"I'm Nick Spalding and I thought I'd try to write a book in 24 hours. Turns out that’s impossible, It took me 30. Read about how (and why) I did it … "

Join Nick as he wends his merry way through an odyssey of non-stop writing, covering a variety of subjects in a selection of anecdotes, asides and humorous stories ... dredged up from a brain functioning on caffeine, nicotine and the occasional chocolate biscuit.

After you've read Life ... With No Breaks, there's a very good chance you may never look at the world again the same way!

Now including:

Spalding's Glorious Glossary of Great British Terminology
Spine Slaughter - a tale of gruelling hedgehog terror

"Readers will consider this a scream of a book ... and that's before they know its history – that Nick wrote the whole thing in a single sitting." - Mark Coker, CEO Of Smashwords

"A collection of anecdotes, muses, adventures, misadventures and confessions that reads as satisfyingly as a novel. It's paced, it's organised, it's witty, it's wise, it's from the hip … and it's put together with admirable word-economy by a master story-teller with much to say and only a weekend to say it in." - Neil Marr, Editor in Chief, BeWrite Books

"This book is kind of a ’stream-of-consciousness’ writing …I definitely recommend the entertaining writing style." - Red Adept reviews

"What kept me reading past the first couple of pages? It was the voiceover … From out of nowhere, the ghost of Lenny Bruce (as perhaps portrayed by Woody Allen) was speaking to me, and I, captivated, could not break away." - M. David Blake

Amazon US ($2.99) Amazon UK (£2.21) Smashwords ($2.99)
Old 08-09-2010, 03:21 AM   #36
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
How long did the adds take, Nick? Good luck and best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 05:56 AM   #37
NickSpalding
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
How long did the adds take, Nick? Good luck and best wishes. Neil
Not too long. Re-wrote the killer hedgehog story based on the original version from three hundred years ago and added the glossary of British terminology for our foreign cousins.

Just wanted to provide a bit more content for the updated version

Not sure if it'll translate into better sales figures or not, but thought it was worth adding some extra stuff to go along with a version of the book that's been given a good, hard polish to look as professional as possible.

I'm fast coming to the realisation that people either 'get' the idea of Life...With No Breaks or they don't. It's a bit of an oddity in terms of content so it's not selling in droves, but is picking up sales here and there. I seem to have written a marmite book ... people either love it or hate it! Here's hoping the extra stuff appeals.

I might well stick the short story out on it's own as well for people who've already bough the book.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:18 PM   #38
NickSpalding
Addict

Spine Slaughter – get savaged by killer hedgehogs for only 99 cents

On a warm summer's day the village of Wincing On Thames is attacked by the most unlikely of monsters.

Hoards of deadly hedgehogs are on the loose and out for blood.

Can hockey-stick wielding teenager Jason, Scab the skinny punk, and their terrified friends survive the onslaught of spiky terror?

Warning: This short story contains gore, profanity and gratuitous nudity … There's a children's tea party at the beginning though, so something for everyone, I think.

Download now for the stunning low price of 99 cents (71p UK) at:

Amazon US Smashwords Amazon UK

Or (if you haven’t bought it yet) the story is also included in Life … With No Breaks – Second Edition, for the equally amazing price of $2.99 (£1.96 UK) at:

Amazon US Smashwords Amazon UK

“This may not be the best short story you read today, but it will be the most ridiculous!”

Nick Spalding

Old 08-15-2010, 11:10 AM   #39
NickSpalding
Addict

Sorted the pricing out on Amazon UK at last...it's now £1.96. For some reason Amazon thinks people in the Uk should pay three times as much as anyone else if you leave it on the default pricing...
Old 08-16-2010, 09:44 AM   #40
Zyzomys
Hooked on Phonics
Zyzomys began at the beginning.

I purchased your book on KoboBooks for $1.89 plus used the "summersave" coupon to save another $1.
Zyzomys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:19 PM   #41
NickSpalding
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzomys View Post
I purchased your book on KoboBooks for $1.89 plus used the "summersave" coupon to save another $1.
Thanks for letting me know! Smashwords isn't listing Kobo sales so it's nice to know I've got one
Old 08-22-2010, 02:55 PM   #42
NickSpalding
Addict

I'm closing in on 750 sales, so am hoping a few new people see this and decide to buy!
Old 08-30-2010, 11:38 AM   #43
NickSpalding
Addict

For the next two weeks until September 12 you can buy Life...With No Breaks for half price at Smashwords. Just $1.50.

Use coupon code: CZ27B

Cheers!

Nick

Last edited by NickSpalding; 08-30-2010 at 11:40 AM.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:16 PM   #44
CaraM
Guru
CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Congratulations on the magazine article. I'll check it out.

www.caramarsi.com
Logan's Redemption
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0040JI3PG
CaraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:23 AM   #45
NickSpalding
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraM View Post
Congratulations on the magazine article. I'll check it out.

www.caramarsi.com
Logan's Redemption
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0040JI3PG
Thanks very much!