Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 07-28-2009, 11:15 AM   #61
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Bookeen moved?
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:16 AM   #62
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
Bookeen moved?
Same reaction, I can't understand what EowynCarter means by that.
I didn't see any news or notice on the web site that could be related to this.

Eowyn, maybe you can enlighten us by precising what you meant ?
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2009, 11:30 AM   #63
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
I meant, they don't have the same address anymore.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:09 PM   #64
Saud
Connoisseur
Saud began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Opus, Iphone 3G, Blackberry 9000
Is that pocket huge or is the opus actually that small ..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFu-p3g_md4
Saud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:26 PM   #65
YGG-
Dry fruit
YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Opus + HTC Desire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saud View Post
Is that pocket huge or is the opus actually that small ..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFu-p3g_md4
It IS small, I did put one in my pocket without a problem.
YGG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2009, 03:38 AM   #66
Godzil
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGG- View Post
It IS small, I did put one in my pocket without a problem.
Ho I understand why one of the bookeen's guy complain about a missing Opus
Old 07-30-2009, 03:56 AM   #67
YGG-
Dry fruit
YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Opus + HTC Desire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
Ho I understand why one of the bookeen's guy complain about a missing Opus
Alas, they were watching me very closely...
YGG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:59 AM   #68
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by YGG- View Post
Alas, they were watching me very closely...
No, they weren't watching that closely.
We stole their firmware and now they have to start again from scratch
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:14 AM   #69
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
From what I gather, the Opus will ship with the ePub firmware. And once people have purchased ePub eBooks or converted to ePub and have a collection of eBooks in ePub, will they really want Mobipocket firmware? I doubt it. So wny not just stick to ePub and just let Mobipocket drift away?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:25 AM   #70
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Because some people might decide not to buy it until that second firmware is out. The complete lack of mobipocket is a reason for me not to buy it.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:01 AM   #71
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
From what I gather, the Opus will ship with the ePub firmware. And once people have purchased ePub eBooks or converted to ePub and have a collection of eBooks in ePub, will they really want Mobipocket firmware? I doubt it. So wny not just stick to ePub and just let Mobipocket drift away?
If you can tell me how I can continue to use my excellent Chambers Dictionary on my Opus, Jon, I'll be happy to do so.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:22 AM   #72
captaingeorges
Zealot
captaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Iphone32g, ipad, Kobo
Is it ethical???

What does a guy who already own a Cybook does ????

DeDRM all his mobipocket books that he legally paid for and then convert them to ePub ?????

Does he still feel like a good citizen ????

I think I would...

Is there a place where one can buy all the latest books in ePub ???

Regards,

Georges
captaingeorges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:29 AM   #73
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Because some people might decide not to buy it until that second firmware is out. The complete lack of mobipocket is a reason for me not to buy it.
The inclusion of ADE/ePub is a good reason to consider it if you want a 5" screen. The lack of Mobipocket is a good thing.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:35 AM   #74
Godzil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
It will be able to do mobipocket as the Gen3 will. They will release a Mobipocket firmware, it just not ready, but it will come really soon.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:11 AM   #75
Saud
Connoisseur
Saud began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Opus, Iphone 3G, Blackberry 9000
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaingeorges View Post
Is there a place where one can buy all the latest books in ePub ???

you will need to create An Adobe ID then install Adobe Digital Editions and activate it

Buy epub books:
(Note that you need to check the format listed for the ebook you choose, Also I have not checked if these sites have geographical restrictions)

Books on Board is listed by Bookeen:
http://www.booksonboard.com/opus_index.html

check the links on this site:
http://www.epubbooks.com/buy-epub-books

Also check:
Blackwell
Diesel Ebooks
skoobe
harper collins ebooks

Last edited by Saud; 07-31-2009 at 09:19 AM.
Saud is offline   Reply With Quote