Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-20-2020, 02:07 PM   #1
tranquilo2
tranquilo2 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Exported catalog title sort order

I have a custom numerical column "Order". Within the library it works fine, but when creating an epub catalog I would like to show the titles sorted by the Order column and, if possible, to show the Order number as a prefix to the Title; something like this:

1. Z x x xxx
2. A xxx x x
3. G x x x x
etc.

Can this be done?

Thank you!
tranquilo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 02:39 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Look at the commandline tool: calibredb --list
it has (lots of others too) sort options
Then use your FAV spreadsheet to format and add anything else.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2020, 03:19 PM   #3
tranquilo2

Thank You. If I understand correctly I have to first create a spreadsheet, edit it so the rows are sorted as required and the columns show the text I want. Then I use that spreadsheet as input to Calibre and convert it to epub. Correct?
Old 08-20-2020, 05:02 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Calibredb --list should already be sorted if you used the right arguments.
but, yes, you need to jump thru hoops to get Your arbitrary sort. (but you wanted Line numbers.

Look at some of the output options in your office suite (I use Libre Office), that may give you word processing output options

Nope, the Reading List PI only allows Calibre viewing
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 05:39 PM   #5
tranquilo2

Yes, it looks like there's no easy way to do it from within Calibre so I think I will roll my own epub catalog, built from scratch using html exported by Calibre as source, and then edited as needed.
Thank You!
Advert