Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-07-2014, 12:09 AM   #1
Joeldmtl
Connoisseur
Joeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Touch
Problem linking ARC 7hd to bluetooth keyboard

I just bought a Hipstreet 7" Keyboard case (UNIV78CS-3N1A). I cannot seem to get it to Bluetooth link to my Kobo ARC7HD (Android) tablet. I've turned on the tablet Bluetooth, powered up the keyboard (the keyboard is fully charged) and then pressed the "pair button" that is supposed to put the pairing in motion. The pairing status LED then flashes, BUT the keyboard does not show up under devices.

Can anyone please advise what to do. Can the two devices have different (n0n-compatible) Bluetooth algorithm? If the keyboard is not able to connect via Bluetooth, can it be used with a cable link between the tablet and the keyboard?
Joeldmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 12:23 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I've found that the Kobo Tablet's don't seem to offer all the Bluetooth functionality. For instance I can tether my Nexus 7 via Bluetooth to my antiquated, non-smart, cell-phone, and get on line that way.

My wife's (almost typed a D rather than an F there!!) Arc 7 HD does not have the ability to tether via Bluetooth to the same phone
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2014, 12:33 AM   #3
Joeldmtl
Connoisseur
Joeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Touch
Solved problem

I just found the solution. In "Settings" under "Wireless and Networks" tap the left side of "Bluetooth". Then at the top right you will see "Search for Devices". Tap that et voila ....... the tablet found the keyboard.
Joeldmtl is offline   Reply With Quote