Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-04-2014, 04:39 PM   #1
JoelArnold
Fanatic
JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
The Reeking (a Lovecraft parody)

The Reeking - no longer free, but only $0.99!

At least once a week, Frank Thurston Waylaid is taunted by something evil. Frozen with fear, he cannot confront that which lurks at his doorstep in the suffocating blackness of night. It is only in the safety of daylight that he ventures forth to see that which is left behind; a blackened oval of something burnt and reeking.

Is it the fiery cloven hoof print of Satan himself? Or is it the mark of the great elder god Kadoodoo, the lurker at the threshold of Frank's nightmares?

The kids in the neighborhood merely laugh at him. The dogs in the area seem to look on knowingly.

It is only after Frank finally gathers his courage to confront his deepest fears that he discovers the true nature of that which reeks and burns on his doorstep.

Come find out what eldritch horror oozes at Frank's threshold as he faces possibly the biggest threat the universe has to offer him, in H. P. Lovecrabbe's short tale of crepuscular madness, 'The Reeking.'

Who dares wake the great elder god Kadoodoo from its eldritch slumbers?

Smell the fear,,,

Smashwords
Amazon
Nook
Kobo

The reviews are in!

"If Stephen King took a crap, and that crap somehow manifested itself into story form, than this would almost be that good!" - Publisher's Yearly

"Nothing reeks quite as much as H.P. Lovecrabbe's 'The Reeking.' - The Horrific Review of Horrific Tales

"On a scale of 1 to 10 - 1 being a literary masterpiece - this scores a perfect 10!" The Edgar Allen Poet's Society

H.P. Lovecrabbe lives in an old house surrounded by old things that creak and smell rather old. He has a PhD. in Arcana and collects those things that cannot be named.

Joel Arnold lives next door.

Last edited by JoelArnold; 08-08-2014 at 02:20 AM. Reason: No longer free
JoelArnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:39 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
This looks like my kind of crap.

I just downloaded it.

Thank you!
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:43 PM   #3
JoelArnold
Fanatic
JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
This looks like my kind of crap.

I just downloaded it.

Thank you!
Hope you enjoyed it!
Old 03-23-2014, 04:19 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just finished reading "Reeking" and I get it. I mean, I really get it!

Thank you.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:49 AM   #5
JoelArnold
Fanatic

Quote:
I just finished reading "Reeking" and I get it. I mean, I really get it!

Thank you.
Thanks!
Old 04-16-2014, 11:37 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelArnold View Post
Thanks!

Perhaps you might think of a collection of parodies? --- Just a thought.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:19 AM   #7
JoelArnold
Fanatic

Quote:
Perhaps you might think of a collection of parodies? --- Just a thought.
That would be fun to do, and I have a few other ideas for them. Just gotta make the time!
Old 08-07-2014, 10:42 PM   #8
kwork
Enthusiast
kwork can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkwork can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkwork can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkwork can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkwork can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkwork can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkwork can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkwork can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkwork can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkwork can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkwork can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: none
No longer free, so the threat title should probably be changed. Sounds fun though.
kwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 09:44 PM   #9
JoelArnold
Fanatic

The Reeking - a Lovecraft parody

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwork View Post
No longer free, so the threat title should probably be changed. Sounds fun though.
You're right! Though I can't figure out how to change the main title.
Old 08-16-2014, 11:40 PM   #10
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelArnold View Post
You're right! Though I can't figure out how to change the main title.
Just ask a mod, and it will likely be done. You can probably even just ask right here in the thread, sort of like summoning the Elders, or a State Farm agent.

"Oh might mods, fleet, strong and wise, please change this thread title...."

Like that.

p.s. the OP is one of the best posts I've seen in this forum. I've never read Lovecraft, but I'm still sorry I missed the freebie.

Last edited by ApK; 08-16-2014 at 11:54 PM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 06:38 AM   #11
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Just ask a mod, and it will likely be done. You can probably even just ask right here in the thread, sort of like summoning the Elders, or a State Farm agent.

"Oh might mods, fleet, strong and wise, please change this thread title...."

Like that.

p.s. the OP is one of the best posts I've seen in this forum. I've never read Lovecraft, but I'm still sorry I missed the freebie.

Done.

Don
(Moderator)

Tags
horror, humor, lovecraft, parody