Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-16-2012, 02:43 AM   #1
GoldThreader
Zealot
GoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Glo
Question Question about the Kobo Ereader Touch

Can the touch edition zoom in on your manga/comics if they are not PDFs? it says it can zoom in by double tapping in PDF's I am wondering if it can zoom in on Epub,CBZ,CBR files. I currently have a Sony PRS-T1 and I would switch to this device because it has a larger micro SD card support if it has zooming features for other file types.

Thanks for the help in advance.
GoldThreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:06 AM   #2
rwhe
Hierodule
rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, calibre, Android, FBReader
Yes, you can zoom in on .CBR and .CBZ comic book files. It's pretty nice. However, for comics reading, I recommend the Glo instead of the Touch. It has higher resolution, and the frontlighting makes for better contrast. Both these features make it easier to see fine detail in a drawing. I have had both a Touch and a Glo, and the Glo blows the Touch away when it comes to CBR, CBZ, and PDF as well.
rwhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2012, 04:19 AM   #3
GoldThreader
Zealot
GoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Glo
Ah, ok sounds good how does the zooming work exactly can you pan around and does it try to make the image clearer when zoomed? Is the Glo a lit screen? I prefer my screen to be E-ink due to the long battery life.
GoldThreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:53 AM   #4
rwhe
Hierodule
rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, calibre, Android, FBReader
Yes, you can pan around.
No, I don't think it has image-enhancement software. It just blows it up.
Yes, that's what I meant by "frontlighting".
Yes, the Glo is an e-ink screen. The lighting does not affect the long battery life much.

You can learn about the differences between the Touch and the Glo at Kobo.com. The Glo is more expensive, but IMHO worth it, especially if you'll be reading a lot of comics and manga.
rwhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:54 AM   #5
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhe View Post
The Glo is more expensive, but IMHO worth it, especially if you'll be reading a lot of comics and manga.
Yes, very worth it, I think so too.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert