Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-12-2015, 12:18 PM   #1
french imp
french imp began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Moonreader and Dropbox ???

Hello,
I have moonreader++ Pro and Dropbox installed on my galaxy note 3 Lite. I must be totally idiot but I have two problems :
1) I have tried in vain to import epubs from my dropbox into moonreader. Is it possible, and if so, how? I don't have the slightest idea how to proceed.

2) Conversely, I have succeeded in opening an epub which was in my dropbox from the dropbox interface into moonreader. However, I could not import it in moonreader's library. And moreover it no longer works! The following happened. When I selected an epub in my dropbox, android asked me to choose an application among moonreader++ pro and google book player. I tried once the google book player option, and it worked, but since then I no longer have the option to chose moonreader++, epubs open directly in googlumajig (I did NOT say "always"). I have de-activated googe book player but it still opens up when I select an epub! This is maddening. And of course I can't even unnstall the google crap, and when I check the parameters, it has no file associations whatsover.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance
french imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 01:19 PM   #2
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Go to settings and clear data for dropbox.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2015, 02:26 PM   #3
french imp

Hi, I have checked the option "Intéger Dropbox aux fichiers locaux", if that's what you mean. But I have no idea whatsoever, how that helps me recover the epubs which are in my dropbox so that they're part of the dropbox library.
However, I have installed CC inbetween, and now I open my epubs from CC. Still, I'm curious to know why what I tried to do didn't work. Cheers
Old 09-12-2015, 02:40 PM   #4
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by french imp View Post
Hi, I have checked the option "Intéger Dropbox aux fichiers locaux", if that's what you mean. But I have no idea whatsoever, how that helps me recover the epubs which are in my dropbox so that they're part of the dropbox library.
However, I have installed CC inbetween, and now I open my epubs from CC. Still, I'm curious to know why what I tried to do didn't work. Cheers

What I get from Google translate for that is " Integer Dropbox to local files", so that is not correct. I meant go to Android settings, Applications, then Dropbox and clear data. You said your files would only open with a specific app, right? I don't know what you mean by recover the epubs.

If you use Calibre, CC is the best way to access your books on your device.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1442083256230.png
Views:	263
Size:	282.9 KB
ID:	141926
Old 09-12-2015, 02:49 PM   #5
french imp

Well apparently clear the data means destroying all my dtata, accounts etc... I'm not sure I want to do that. By 'recover the epubs', I mean being able to locate the epubs from Moon+, visualize them, read them, integrate them into the Moon+ library, that sort of things. At this point the epubs which are in my Dropbox are just invisible from Moon+.
Advert
Old 09-12-2015, 03:39 PM   #6
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by french imp View Post
Well apparently clear the data means destroying all my dtata, accounts etc... I'm not sure I want to do that. By 'recover the epubs', I mean being able to locate the epubs from Moon+, visualize them, read them, integrate them into the Moon+ library, that sort of things. At this point the epubs which are in my Dropbox are just invisible from Moon+.
I cleared data on mine and didn't even need to enter my password to get back in. Maybe Dropbox works different somehow. But if you are going to use CC you don't need to integrate your books to Moon+. Just use CC to open your books in whatever app you want. CC had much better organization than any reading app.
Old 09-13-2015, 03:53 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, I'd also suggest using CC to manage your library.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 03:59 AM   #8
french imp

Thanks for the feedback, indeed I'm using Calibre Companion since yesterday and it works perfectly. With CC I can manage my books, get them from calibre AND from my dropbox, the process is pretty obvious and the books open in Moonreader. It's by far the best solution, I'm just a little bit surprised that moonreader doesn't offer reasonable communication features - in fact it's just a reader, it does a great job as such but one shouldn't expect much more from it. Cheers
Old 09-16-2015, 12:14 PM   #9
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
It sounds like you accidentally made Google books your default opener.
On your device, go to settings, general, application manager, long press Google books, scroll down to the default and turn it off.
Or you can go to settings, general, default applications and undo there.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote