Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-10-2010, 04:09 PM   #1
mediax
Readaholic
mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2 (previously 505 and 650)
Title order within Collections

My Sony PRS-505 recently decided to lose my collections for some reason.

I wasn't able to restore them, so I decided to reload the entire contents of my Calibre library. All went well until I discovered that titles in the collections on my Reader are now in alphabetical order by title, rather than by collection series order.

I've recently upgraded to 0.7.23 - am I missing some option in Calibre to control the order in which collection titles are loaded to/displayed on the Reader? I'm using Ubuntu 9.04 (Karmic), if that's relevant.

Thanks,
Ian

Last edited by mediax; 10-10-2010 at 04:43 PM.
mediax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:52 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
There is a bug that I just fixed (for 0.7.24) where when using manual management, series collections will often revert from series order to the order they were sent to the device.

If you do not have manually-added collections (added using Sony's SW or calibre's device view), then switching to automatic management will fix the problem. Preferences -> send to device -> metadata management. Note that when using automatic management, calibre is completely in charge of collections. Calibre will delete any collection that it didn't create.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2010, 04:24 PM   #3
mediax
Readaholic
mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2 (previously 505 and 650)
I do everything through Calibre, so switching to automatic management has sorted it beautifully.

Thanks, chaley!
mediax is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collection, order