Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-16-2012, 12:36 AM   #1
justywusty
Enthusiast
justywusty can talk to the animals.justywusty can talk to the animals.justywusty can talk to the animals.justywusty can talk to the animals.justywusty can talk to the animals.justywusty can talk to the animals.justywusty can talk to the animals.justywusty can talk to the animals.justywusty can talk to the animals.justywusty can talk to the animals.justywusty can talk to the animals.

Device: kobo touch
Question Does the white Kobo Glo discolour?

I read this was an issue with the Touch (although it may have been fixed by now). Just wondering if the while Glo also discolours i.e. from leather cases.
justywusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:48 AM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by justywusty View Post
I read this was an issue with the Touch (although it may have been fixed by now).
"Fixed" by whom? I would have thought that any pale ereader could discolour from rubbish cases with leaching dye.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:40 AM   #3
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
I have had a white touch for nearly 18 months. No discolouration at all - it's been in a case the whole time if that makes any difference.

My son has a black one (same age). It hasn't discoloured but it does show finger marks on the surround quite badly.
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:03 AM   #4
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by justywusty View Post
I read this was an issue with the Touch (although it may have been fixed by now). Just wondering if the while Glo also discolours i.e. from leather cases.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
"Fixed" by whom? I would have thought that any pale ereader could discolour from rubbish cases with leaching dye.
Indeed. Discolouration is due to the case, not the ereader's plastic. My white Touch has grey smudges on the back because of the grey suede inside of the case. So for my Glo, I bought a synthetic cover that does not give away it's dye to anything it touches...
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:10 AM   #5
justywusty
Enthusiast
justywusty can talk to the animals.justywusty can talk to the animals.justywusty can talk to the animals.justywusty can talk to the animals.justywusty can talk to the animals.justywusty can talk to the animals.justywusty can talk to the animals.justywusty can talk to the animals.justywusty can talk to the animals.justywusty can talk to the animals.justywusty can talk to the animals.

Device: kobo touch
Maybe I should just get a black one then :P
justywusty is offline   Reply With Quote