Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-19-2012, 06:03 AM   #16
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyB View Post
there is a very scary button which says DELETE FOREVER right beside the undelete button - and just one click gets rid of them.
I think, but I'm not 100% sure, that if you click that scary button, you will get a warning first explaining to you that if you click "OK," you will delete the book forever, and are you really really absolutely sure you want to do this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyB View Post
To be honest I would prefer NOT to have to rely on Kobo Customer care to get my books back.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:18 AM   #17
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
I think, but I'm not 100% sure, that if you click that scary button, you will get a warning first explaining to you that if you click "OK," you will delete the book forever, and are you really really absolutely sure you want to do this...
I assumed this as well because - well just about everyone gives you a second chance before you delete something FOREVER!!!
But I tested it on a couple of previews that I didn't want anymore and it was one click and BAM! they were gone.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:35 AM   #18
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Agh! Scary indeed!

But... of course previews are not the same as books you actually bought. So I wouldn't base beliefs on previews... having said that, it's always better to stay on the safe side when it comes to deleting things...
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:51 AM   #19
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread

Having just bought a Kobo (Glo) I am also trying to work out how to do things and not to do things - and organise the Kobo MY way, lol!!!

So, I am also going to create 2 Kobo desktop accounts to stop the ridiculous compulsory syncing ...... grrrrrrrr
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote