Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-10-2013, 07:57 PM   #26476
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Sounds perfect - a reading roost with light! Shaped to fit my fanny!

Hmmm .... I'd love to try the Glenmorangie Cellar 13 ... have any pals in England that would ship us a bottle?
I'm afraid not. They keep saying we need to come there.

A diet coke this afternoon. :thumbdown:
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:35 PM   #26477
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Come senators, congressmen
Please heed the call
Don't stand in the doorway
Don't block up the hall
For he that gets hurt
Will be he who has stalled
There's a battle outside
And it is ragin'
It'll soon shake your windows
And rattle your walls
For the times they are a-changin'.

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNsaiZUoG6Q )

You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows...

Good morning, everyone. Ground fog so thick I can't even see 200 meters! Wonderful! That means it's cooler outside and the Rainy season really is over! It's a wonderful Friday gift. I'm celebrating with a mug of my new "English Breakfast" tea and a veggie omelet and a fermented sour pork sausage from the Food Lady. Strange tastes but delicious. Then it's lace up my shoes and another 10km walk, two hours of reading, two hours of music practice (John Barleycorn is NOT working....) and the meeting with friends for another jam session. Or... perhaps it's a 'hootenanny.' Haven't used that word in public since the mid-60's! LOL!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2013, 08:37 PM   #26478
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Sipping some Talisker on the rocks .... smooth ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:12 AM   #26479
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
... perhaps it's a 'hootenanny.' Haven't used that word in public since the mid-60's! LOL!

Stitchawl
We have an annual music show broadcast every New Year's Eve called Jools Holland's Hootenanny. It's an alternative "welcome in the New Year" show to the usual talking heads and fireworks programmes, and always has great acts on it. My only disappointment with it was one year realising it was pre-recorded, which makes a bit of a nonsense of the New Year countdown. I'd still rather watch the NY in with this programme rather than the alternatives, though.

Btw, Jools was the piano player for the band Squeeze, if anyone outside the UK remembers them?

Rooibos in my cup.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:11 PM   #26480
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Coffee in my cup, thinking about breakfast, and making my list of what needs to be done today.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2013, 07:43 PM   #26481
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Busy day. Just having my last mug of tea. Late in the day, but it's the weekend so I can get a little crazy!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:12 PM   #26482
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The keeper did a hunting go
Under his cloak he carried a bow
All for a shoot, a merry little doe
Among the leaves so green, oh

Jacky boy
(Master)
Sing me well
(Very well)

Hey, down, ho, down, very, very down

To my head on down, to my whole on down
Hey, down, ho, down, very, very down

The first, oh, she did cross the plain
The keeper fetched her back again
Where she's now she may remain

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdxTrHDySOM )

Good morning, everyone. Today is the second Saturday in October, which means 'Opening Day' of Bow season in Vermont. Quiet in the woods, (no guns allowed for hunting now,) and always a dusting of snow on the ground making tracking a bit easier. It's the time to harvest the summer-fed deer for a winter of good eating... if you're lucky. This year, because the deer herd has grown so healthy due to proper game management, each hunter can take one buck and one doe. God willing, enough will be taken to keep the herd size in check so as not to over-tax the available food supply. If that happens, there will be massive winter die-off due to starvation and illness. It's a sad, bad feeling to be walking through the woods in the early spring, and finding hundreds of dead deer, knowing that they starved to death, or died of illness spread through a weakened herd. I'll get off my soap box now...

Time for a mug of Ahmad's "English Breakfast" tea. Where I back in New England, this morning's breakfast would have been at 4am with a group of friends, drinking tea and coffee, tucking into pancakes, sausage, bacon, home-fries, biscuits, etc., and filling thermoses to carry into the woods. Tradition going back many, many years...

Stitchawl
Old 10-12-2013, 12:46 AM   #26483
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am thinking of some nice deer jerky after reading your reminiscences.

Evening cup of coffee and a couple of chocolate cookies.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:31 AM   #26484
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Mid-afternoon mug of East India Company's "Assam" tea, as we recover from today's walk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I am thinking of some nice deer jerky after reading your reminiscences.
I remember stringing lines across the ceiling over the wood stove to hold the strips of drying jerky. When the humidity in the house is -20%, jerky dries quickly! We used to make three different flavors; hickory-smoked, terriyaki, and pepper. Good stuff! Not as good as the venison roasts or the hunter sausage, but nice for snacking on! These days the only time I get to eat deer is when we go to Europe.

Stitchawl
Old 10-12-2013, 05:10 AM   #26485
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Saturday Morning Coke Zero.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:19 PM   #26486
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Terriyaki jerky is my favorite.

Still trying to wake up with my morning coffee.
Old 10-12-2013, 01:37 PM   #26487
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I never quite got jerky. OTOH, muchaka, the Mexican dried meet, is simply wonderful. But you cook it before eating.

Fresh squeezed orange juice. And a mug of Peet's Anniversary Breakfast Blend.
Old 10-12-2013, 01:59 PM   #26488
dreams
It's about the umbrella

muchaka. I had to look that up, and it is dried shredded beef. I don't know if I would know if it was cooked and served or cooked, dried, and then cooked again for a meal. I've never tried it at the dried stage to be like jerky.
Old 10-12-2013, 02:28 PM   #26489
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Coke Zero in my cup.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:02 PM   #26490
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
muchaka. I had to look that up, and it is dried shredded beef. I don't know if I would know if it was cooked and served or cooked, dried, and then cooked again for a meal. I've never tried it at the dried stage to be like jerky.
It is seasoned (and cured), then hung to dry. And then cooked so that the meat basically falls apart. The result is really, really good.

More of the Peet's Anniversary Breakfast Blend.

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?